Next Thread
Print Thread
#642204 Wed Dec 30 2015 05:09 PM
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
This is a vintage gas street lamp made from cast aluminum. I doubt this could ever be dated for certain but fairly sure it would get you back to the early 30's at least. All the glass is there and in good shape, if you see anything that looks like a crack it's just tape as that helps keep the glass from rattling around as I move it from corner to corner! I can't guarantee 100% of the gas parts are there since I am not as familiar as I should be with the inner workings. The one and only problem is the finial stud is broken so that needs to be treated w/wd40 or pb blaster & heated and removed or drilled out and rethreaded. Ten minute job for a machine shop or I have no doubt a small torch should do the job. I have never tried but have done that a hundred times on other projects. This light is bigger than the pics reveal, at 24" tall and 13 1/2" wide at it's widest part. Very cool old gas lamp! I always thought it would look great electrified...

As the years go by I'm realizing more and more I've just brought too much "stuff" home over the years! Here is an item I thought I'd never sell but another year has passed and I didn't get to it, hopefully someone here will purchase it and actually finish it! If you're familiar with this sort of thing I think most will recognize it for the good deal that it is. I am asking what I paid at $235 and whatever exact shipping costs would be. I'd prefer a postal money order for payment or personal check if you don't mind waiting until it clears for shipping or Paypal. Shipping I'd guess will be around $40 but any part of that $40 paid that I don't use I'll refund every penny of. If it's over I'll cover it. It'll be 100% insured, tracking # provided and shipped via FedEx. Most likely I'll double box it for safety. Thanks for taking a look, shoot me a pm if interested....Happy New Years everyone...

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG
Last edited by neatoldstuff; Wed Dec 30 2015 05:12 PM.
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Update...I was informed by a gentleman here on oldgas that I would definately trust since this is cast aluminum, it most likely served as a gas yard lamp back in the 1960's in a higher end home. That makes alot of sense and I didn't even know gas lights were available in the 60's. That doesn't make it any less cool but I am fairly certain it would affect the value a little.

How about $175 plus exact shipping charges which will depend on your location. Most likely $60 to the west and northwest and 45 or so to the east. One thing that never changed, you'll get the same excellent packaging & service. Thank You...

Last edited by neatoldstuff; Fri Jan 01 2016 11:35 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved