Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Collectors weekly did a great job and got most of the fantasy signs that were in a original category off of their site . Great job !

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
U shur it's not because 280 of rustyrelics bs ended yesterday .he must be india s best customer 200plus pos signs a month it looks like collectors week only show the most ebays watched not true antiques

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Essco- I noticed that too. The guys has tin litho repops as well as porcelain now, too.

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Most of the tin are older usa repro except the kraft pig which is China or indian a few porcelain are beat vintage concepts out of pits burg which are originally dated the rest mainly indian porcelain made for the counterfeit market never marked or dated some of them hard to tell at first look even to advanced collectors.rustyrelics admits some are older repro from the 90s but never puts them in that category

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I used to do CW but increasingly the signs were repops. I contacted them and they shrugged their shoulders basically. The problem is that by hosting the counterfeiters give credibility to their products. So i quite them instead. Its value is in having a list of reprops available for viewing.

Last edited by Gasman84470; Thu Feb 18 2016 09:09 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By essco
U shur it's not because 280 of rustyrelics bs ended yesterday .he must be india s best customer 200plus pos signs a month it looks like collectors week only show the most ebays watched not true antiques
Yep !

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
I've been collecting since 1988 and there was plenty of reproduction then. IdentifING repro is fairly easy even beat up. Identify counterfeit sign not so easy to show other's you just half to know what's out there. Usually the easiest way is price.why would someone sell you a c=note for 25 bucks

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
All good points. However it is becoming increasingly difficult to know what's out there. India is importing many new signs monthly. They are easy for us to spot because they are either from India or Rusty Relic type sellers who were all watch. But once they are sold and resold elsewhere in the US the problem grows. They are somewhat easy to spot at a glance in person but I see a lot of people being fooled online for some time to come. Newest Ive seen for what i's worth..30" Atlantic Ethyl Burst DSP

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
you guys are all right good points !!!! as someone said yesterday us real sign passion guys have to stick together to weed out the ***** fake sellers . Buy from old gas honest guys and you cannot go wrong . Thanks for commenting guys everyones oipinions on this is important

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Eric wrote: "Newest Ive seen for what i's worth..30" Atlantic Ethyl Burst DSP".

Are you talking about copy of this sign?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391374192995

Last edited by henlovestoys; Thu Feb 18 2016 01:33 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved