Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#651923 Sat Apr 02 2016 09:13 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I recently picked up a real clean Wayne 60, I have been looking for a 60-S but they are so hard to find. I noticed gas pump heaven has a showcase kit for 400$. It does not include glass and still needs some fab work to be put in. Is it worth buying the kit? Is there anyone with a better idea or original 60-S parts? Thanks everyone

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
if you really want a showcase 60, I'd sell your 60 (or keep it and possibly trade when you find the 60S). Save your money and buy the real deal.... A made up showcase will never bring what an original does, and you'll always know it's not "right" or "real". I'd hold out for an original showcase if that's what you really want, they are out there.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are way too many different parts on a 60-S to ever warrant buying the parts to build a showcase.
The kit sold by Gas Pump Heaven is a very good fitting quality kit, but I can tell the difference immediately. Your "reproduction" showcase will always be just that! It would be tough to resell for what you had into it, and you would always know that it wasn't "real".
Advertise that you're wanting a 60-S and you could be surprised--Wayne made an awful lot of them!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Good advice.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

K
OP Offline
K
Thank you guys for the advice. I will post a wanted ad for one and see what happens. I was thinking there wasn't many differences between the kit one and an original, Since their is I will pass on buying a kit. I really appreciate the help!

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Just for reference what is the going price for a decent unrestored computer 60-showcase?

Jack's first book from 2002 has them at $1,800 and the second book from 2008 has them at $1,600.

I know that these aren't even close to prices today and I do find it odd that they went down in value from book 1 to book 2.

Thanks for any info,

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Book #3 has them at $5400.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Originally Posted By Jack Sim
Book #3 has them at $5400.

Jack Sim

That is pretty low jack. I would buy every one that I could find at that price, literally.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Value on these is a good question? Of course, it always goes back to condition, and that can vary greatly from area to area.
Lets consider the starting value to be placed on a pump that is solid and free of dents and rust, and is complete. You can start the value at a conservative $6500 and either add or subtract from there. Paint condition, or patina, is a big consideration for those wanting that "special" look, and those buyers will pay considerably more for that "just right" look! It will often make a big difference to a buyer if the art deco globe holder is not present. It could be added later, but with considerable time and expense involved in order to get the look correct.
Shipping is always a consideration, especially if you're worried about any damage to the finish on the pump. You can save $500 if you can drive next door and pick it up, and that's considerable savings.
This all being said, I have seen a couple of these pumps in original condition with excellent patina, bring close to $8500, and I have seen a couple of really rough units bring right about $4500. There is a restored unit on ebay for $10,500, and its been there for several months. If it had been a super condition original, it might have been gone by now. I don't think 10K is out of the realm for that one of a kind, super condition, just right pump. Of course, it would take a buyer with the desire and resources to make it happen.
Who wants to bet that an NOS unit in the crate could bring 15K?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Heck, I wouldn't doubt it would bring over 15K NOS in crate to the right few people!

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
K
OP Offline
K
I was expecting to pay 4,500 and up. Considering regular Wayne 60's are bringing as much as 3,000$.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved