Print Thread
#652923 Fri Apr 15 2016 04:12 PM
G
GHH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
So this is kind of an odd question, but which states seem to be the best for finding pumps? I find the pickings very slim here in NC but it seems like a friend of mine in GA comes across them quite often. I read in another forum the Roman Column pumps seems to be prevalent on the West Coast. Any ideas?

G. H. H A T L E Y
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is at least one collector in every town. The pumps are out there. You have to develop a consistent and positive strategy for finding them. Talk to old timers, advertise,visit the oil companies, etc. If you do...you will locate pumps. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Well in that area you have a lot of competition, quite a few heavy hitters around the Charlotte area

Kyle DeKoning

G
GHH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks folks. I been buying up pumps and doing restorations quite a bit lately so it would be worth it to me to find a few at the same time farther away and bring a trailer!

G. H. H A T L E Y
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Let your barber know what you collect, think about how many farmers sit in that chair with a pump in their barn. This works quite well for me, but thats just the begining of your options.

Goober smile

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Welcome to Oldgas!
Back in the late 70s early 80s a county in TN. was listed in all the hunting magazines as the hot spot for deer hunting. That season ended deer hunting as we knew it,due to out of state hunters. So the moral of the story is if you have a honey hole you are probably going to keep it to your self. Good luck and happy hunting!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved