Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good topic with lots of info, thanks guys...

Braden Splichal

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I took a different approach on our shop (30x50) floor. But knowing what I know now I would have went about it differently. We built our shop and had our cars in there for a few years. Unfortunately some oil and tranny fluid had leaked onto it and you how that turns out, stains. It always seemed dusty in there so we decided to check into what to do. We decided to get it sanded or cut down. I wish I had done it from the beginning. We like it a lot. They seal when it is done and you can clean and reseal and buff. Water, oil, basically any liquid can be wiped up. This is what it can look like depending how far they cut it.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
In a previous garage, I used armstrong glue down black and white tiles in a checker board pattern. I then got it professionally polished. My floor was around 35 years old at the time and had a couple worn out coats of red paint and carpet glue on it. The one thing I would do different is to use 4 - 12" x 12" squares of each color to make 2ft x 2ft squares. The 1' x 1' squares I used was s little too busy for me. The tiles were a great solution and I still used it as a garage should be used. Rebuild several cars on it and it would mop clean.
Dave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I coated just over 24,000 sq feet of floor earlier this year. I went with a 2 part expoxy coating. Was able to buy an industrial product through my company that is not available to the general public. So far, I am very pleased with it.

Tiles were kinda not an option for me due to the size in square footage and the cost. I'm going to do some areas in til as I figure it out.

I had the floors steam cleaned (180 degrees) and vacuumed dry. Worked out really well as far as cleaning them.

Cost of buying the expoxy coating (I applied it myself)and steam cleaning floors was over $18,000.00. Which in the end was pretty good that's 75 cents a square foot.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Check out garagejournal.com its a sister page of the H.A.M.B.

Good information on there

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
smile I like it! The ground down cement Looks like when the floor is painted and you throw the chips in it for a patern. Can you give me a square foot charge to compare? Thanks.
Ed.

Last edited by Ed Steagall; Sun Nov 27 2016 08:49 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved