Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Anyone else dumb enough to trust Morphy's shipper for the last Las Vegas auction. They were referred to as "our logistics partner, Box Brothers, is a well-known organization that specializes in crating, packaging and shipping"? I was assured when I called Morphy's to pay the invoice that my globe would be double boxed and well packaged. A similar discussion took place with the Box Brothers rep unfortunately when the globe arrived today packed in a single box I heard that all too familiar broken glass sound. Not that it was an ultra rare or expensive globe but now there is another original piece gone forever......

image.jpeg
Damaged globe

Always buying Skelly items.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry to see that anytime Todd. Piece by piece Packing and shipping companies are working to destroy our hobby!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
that stinks. i was afraid that was going to happen. Not Morphy's fault... so hopefully the third party shipper makes things right.

I also bought a globe from that auction, and once I found out that Morphy's Las Vegas does not do their own shipping, I went ahead and organized my globe and a couple signs to be brought to me via a U-ship transporter.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I am sorry that happened SkellyGuy. I work in the freight industry and see how things are handled. You would think a shipper, who has been in the business for over 25 years, would know what to expect. No this is not Morphy's fault although it's in everyone's best interest for them to be notified.

We'll see what story I have to tell in a few days. I bought a sign and couple of Coca Cola trays from that LV auction. Was pro-active right from the start and sent Box Bros all the information about my purchase and detailed packing instructions. About a week went by before I got a shipping estimate. I asked how they accepted payment once a firm total was determined.....no response. Another week went by and I wrote to ask where the shipment stood.....no response. I then wrote to Morphy and asked for them to give a nudge. Got an immediate response from Box Bros with an apology and offering to ship for free. Said I'd have the tracking number by Tuesday afternoon. It's a quarter to 6 and I do not have one yet.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morphys needs to ensure they select reputable and experienced crating and shipping companies.

Scott Wright
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
I do not buy from auctions largely because of carelessness like this. With the huge buyer and seller premiums that permeate the auction portion of this hobby I am sure there are ways to prevent this from happening. What if the auction house did not get their premium until the buyer received their item safely? Would the auction house be so quick to identify "logistic partners" or would there be subsidiary companies created by the auction houses to insure double boxed means double boxed? As I said before I do not buy from auctions, but most situations that are predictable are preventable.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved