Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#658571 Fri Jun 17 2016 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well my dad, brother, and I had the best week for finding stuff in awhile! It all started with a phone call from a gentlemen from a tiny town in North Central Kansas that said he had some oil cans for sale. So I asked him for a few pictures and when he sent the pictures I noticed the side of a Wayne 60! So naturally I asked him for pictures of the pump. Well it turns out he had 2 Wayne pumps, a Wayne 70 and 60. They were unhooked from the farm and sat inside a little building until we discovered them! So we made a deal on some cans and the pumps, and Monday night we go to pick them up. Well I saw he also had the Standard Service sign sitting there that was covering an old water well on his farm years ago. Well it turns out I made a deal on that also! Then just as we were ready to head home and had gotten everything loaded, he mentioned that one of his neighbors has an old gas pump. Well he was kind enough to show me where he lived and I went up to his door and kindly asked if he would show me his old pump. He showed me and I made him an offer on it. I got a call on Wednesday afternoon and he had agreed to my offer so I headed up there again on Wednesday evening to pick up another pump. It just so happened to be another Wayne 60! Who knew that 2 Wayne 60's and a Wayne 70, good oil cans, and a decent Standard sign would all be still sitting in a tiny town of 75 people?! The middle picture shows the pump where we found it. This was the one that is on the far right in the first picture.

Anyways, I just thought I would share with you all. It is still out there! We are excited to have this new stuff! That makes 6 Wayne 60's now for us. We are lucky. My dad owns the middle 60, and my little brother bought the 60 on the right(his first gas pump!!), and I bought the sign, oil cans, and Wayne 70.

Enjoy everyone!

IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0197.jpg IMG_0191.jpg
Last edited by bsplichal95; Fri Jun 17 2016 06:27 PM.

Braden Splichal

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
good story- good find, congratulations .. ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great story Braden! I especially like the part where you did all this with your dad and your brother! What a great adventure to experience as a family. As you get older, you will always remember that little trip for the rest of your life! Its things like this that bond a family together.
The quality of the pumps you found is a real bonus too! It just adds to the overall experience and imbeds the memories even deeper! Congratulations on a great experience! See you in Iowa!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Holy cow Braden! You've got the touch...

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Good story and nice items. It amazes me that Wayne 60's are still found in the wild. It seems like they were harder to find 10-15 years ago.

-Matt
S
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
S
Wonderful!! Now that is what it's all about!! Great memories! Great finds!!
I hope for days like this is my future.
Congratulations!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Braden, You and your family will have fond memories from that trip for the rest of your lives! Congratulations on a good score and a great story!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing!

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks everyone!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hello Braden,

That was a great story and a happy ending . Congrats on finding that great stuff! Those pumps are awesome! Sometimes we have dry spell on finding stuff then all of a sudden bam!It is neat that you experienced this as a family. See you in Iowa!

Rob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Braden ,

What is it that I see in the picture with the Wayne 60 near the brick pile? Looks like a Bennett station lighter top cap and pole or a pedestal for something in the pile? Did you check that out?

Rob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Braden , congratulations ! Its good to see this stuff is still being discovered and saved . Thanks for the pictures and story . Awesome.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Rob, I looked all through everything he would show me. it was actually a water pump and the other was just some extra pipe he had laying there. Unfortunately lol.

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ok thanks thought maybe you were going to surprise us later with more LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great haul Braden!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved