Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ford V8 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Folks. I have a Service Signal model E-60. I believe this is a driveway signal bell used at one time at gas stations. I cannot find anything online about it. I'd like to get it back in service at my home. Any details, info and/or specs would be appreciated along with any advice on getting it resurrected.

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by Ford V8; Wed Aug 24 2016 04:00 PM. Reason: more details

Collector of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury automobilia. Preserving North America's Ford history. Visit www.thefordcollector.com for more info.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
The mechanism is a simple solenoid, when power is applied it cycles and strikes the bell.

Here's an OG topic showing a complete unit. The bell would have hooked to an actuating unit which was attached to the signal hose that a vehicle would run over.

Knipp service bell thread

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Ford V8 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Excellent. Thank you. I guess now I need to find an actuating unit to get this thing working? Any ideas where I can find a J.P. Knipp actuating unit? Do they repop these?

Collector of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury automobilia. Preserving North America's Ford history. Visit www.thefordcollector.com for more info.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Unless someone on OG has one I think you'll have to watch eBay for service bell, knipp, etc. One might turn up at a petro show too or big car swap, but that's needle in haystack territory I believe.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Google drive way bell. Milton still makes them and a new unit is under $100. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By gasmansgp
Google drive way bell. Milton still makes them and a new unit is under $100. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

I have one of the new milton bells and love it. Every time I pull the classic out the garage...ding ding. Brings a smile to my face every time. (My kids enjoy jumping up & down on it too)

Get that thing working and enjoy. smile

Last edited by Redfishangler; Thu Aug 25 2016 01:28 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved