Next Thread
Print Thread
#670078 Tue Oct 25 2016 02:59 PM
L
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
L
It wasn't so long ago I was one. So green that I had a long shelf life. Lots of members here helped me along,some will say I'm still a green horn and I agree. Will I ever know it all ? I hope not. I have put a lot of time and effort in to the History side of one company and have shared it with newcomers upon request mailing pics, info what ever I can do to help. My vent just a simple Thanks would mean a lot and carries more weight then some newcomers will ever understand.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Loyd Pierce #670084 Tue Oct 25 2016 03:50 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thank you, Loyd! I don't know how much of a Newbie, I am? It seems that most everyone that came into the Hobby before me and even at the same time as I did. Are now, dead....

But, I can honestly say. That I learn something new about the Petro Hobby; most everyday. So as we used to say in the late 1960s, early 1970s... "Keep on Truckin'"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Loyd Pierce #670087 Tue Oct 25 2016 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thank you to both of you for what I have learned from each one of you!

Braden Splichal

Loyd Pierce #670098 Tue Oct 25 2016 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thank you Loyd for all you've done to help me!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Loyd Pierce #670102 Tue Oct 25 2016 05:41 PM
L
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
L
Didn't post this for a pat on the back from you guys. Couple that have posted took a interest in me when I 1st landed here. Thanks to you guys! I posted for the New Comers slow down and take the time to thank those that help you. It goes a long ways in the hobby. Its not anyones duty to help you.
Most of you know I'm not a computer goo-ro.
When I send pics,it takes going to the photo store,making copies,then mailing. The wife was with me last time and said you spend all this time and money and never get so much as a thanks. I told her I do you just don't see them. Maybe I'm just venting because the last couple times she was right.LOL!
Good to see your post Bob Richards been meaning to send you a email to check on you as I havn't seen you on here much.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Loyd Pierce #670142 Wed Oct 26 2016 08:42 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I've shared the same sentiments several times Loyd, and understand exactly where you're coming from.

A simple "thank you" goes a long way, that fact is undisputable. I know it has been for this reason that I have slowed down in responding to questions and posting in general on the site. You rarely receive the courtesy of a thank you, or any reply in general. I have studied and gathered information on Socony-Vaccum, Mobil Oil Corporation for 10+ years. I do not know it all, nor have I ever claimed to be an "expert" on the brand, and I still see items offered that I've never seen before. I continue every day to try and expand my knowledge of the brand.

I understand and agree with previous threads on this topic that "we all start somewhere". I have basically taken the same approach that Dick Bennett had when I joined the site years ago, although not so direct! DB would put new posters through the ringers, I was one of those that received the brunt of his short comments at the beginning, lol, and a couple of times I was mad enough at him that I almost left the site. With time though, Dick realised that I was on this site because I genuinely enjoyed Petroliana and more so the history of what I was collecting and preserving for future generations, than the monetary value of it. From then on, we got along just fine and emailed up to the night before he died. Now I watch new posters and see how they interact with others on the site. If they seem appreciative for information, and every darn question they ask isn't for a value, I am more apt to help them if I am able. Also, as others frequently point out when questions are asked, try using the search feature on the site. There is years worth of information there to look at. If you can't take a little time to do some simple research, I'm not taking MY time and years of knowledge and research to answer your question either!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved