Print Thread
#61555 Mon Jul 09 2007 07:40 PM
P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
I've never seen a reproduction of this Humble sign. Looks like Monticello, Indiana is becoming the repop capital of the world!! Any comment, Bustermonty??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150139733448&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#61556 Tue Jul 10 2007 03:54 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
The color is bad. The font is bad. My original has six grommets. These guys should be shot for what they're doing to new collectors!!!
Bob

#61557 Thu Jul 12 2007 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just saw this yesterday. Be very careful of buying signs from this seller. This is another account name from Monticello IN
that is related to the other seller of repop
signs.

#61558 Thu Jul 12 2007 10:14 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Are you also saying that E-Bay's seller's ratings aren't necessarily 'reliable' as this guy has a 99.7% approval rating with over 5000 transactions??!!

Sadly these guys will ship their stuff across country to an old Army buddy to hawk for them and some other non-suspecting victim will get burned.

I recently bid on an antique Ford, I won't say what or where, on E-Bay Motors. The bidding had stalled out around 15,000 bucks. Low and behold some guy, new to E-Bay with only one transaction, came back with a bid ten thousand dollars higher just hours before the sale ended. Incredibly (and I say this w/ tongue in cheek) the 'reserve' was now met and the next bidder would be the lucky winner.

Problem being, this car was probably a $16,000 car at the VERY best not $25,000 or $26,000.

I guess my point is, I would rather do business the old fashioned way. Meet a guy face-to-face and talk directly to him not some dumb e-mail correspondence. That way you can get their knee-jerk reactions to questions you might ask that they would rather you don't ask.

Let's put these scum balls on America's Most Wanted and we'll all hunt them down!!!!

#61559 Thu Jul 12 2007 04:06 PM
T
T
"Are you also saying that E-Bay's seller's ratings aren't necessarily 'reliable' as this guy has a 99.7% approval rating with over 5000 transactions??!!"

I recall a few months ago, surfing here and there and I came across a site that would let you buy feedback. You could get so many positive feedbacks for so much money etc. I never clicked any farther in because I was afraid I'd get a virus from the site or something. I don't know how they did it because you would need fake item numbers I would think, perhaps it was a scam in itself. It is a shame that people have to ruin a good thing for others.

#61560 Thu Jul 12 2007 05:55 PM
P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
I emailed the seller about this Humble sign. The seller became abusive and threatening in response. This is clearly the MO of a dishonest seller. Think about it. An honest but ignorant seller would want to know more about WHY the sign is a repop and HOW to identify it as such. Then add comments to the auction description to notify prospective bidders that the sign may not be real. (Just like the seller of the Wyoming Air sign proceeded to do.) IMO

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved