Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#672925 Sun Nov 27 2016 04:47 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Has anyone ever seen this Telechron clock with these Veedol stickers? could it be original.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Paul

image1.PNG image2.PNG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
no

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No company back in the day would have placed decals like that on top of the glass face. Moisture damage to the Masonite board is not consistent with the condition of the decals.

No clock manufacturer would have advertised their own company larger then that of the company being advertised on the clock.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the response. If the decals were not original. Why wouldn't there be numbers on the clock?

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Slotcarguy, what makes you think there didn't used to be numbers where someone has now stuck all those Veedol stickers? Heck, maybe the numbers are still there under the stickers. Regardless of that, this clock is simply not an original Veedol item for all the good reasons the guys have already noted. John

Last edited by Jolly-John; Sun Nov 27 2016 08:36 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks again for the response,

I really have no opinion one way or the other John. That's why I joined this group and inquired. What I can tell you is I have seen this clock two other times and those clocks and this one do not have numbers.

Seems odd to me that Telechron would make a clock without numbers. I agree based on the reasons above that the stickers may not be original. However again it's not common to have a Masonite clock face with round holes that have no numbers?

This clock was found on the wall of an old auto shop in Mass. Someone may have put the decals there later. Could have been an individual. Heck John, Maybe someone from Veedol put them there as some sort of promotion?

I will enjoy this great clock and continue to research this item.

Thanks,
Paul

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO- Its not an automotive anything. The clock was made by Telechron to advertise Telechron clocks. The spots where the numbers would typically be, are to go with the slightly post, mid-century modern design. At the time the clock was manufactured, Telechron had faith that most people that could tell time knew what numbers would have belonged in each corresponding spot. Today in this digital age, they may not be able to assume that. The clock is still a good backlit ad clock. I would take the Veedol stickers off, and bring it back to its original state.

Last edited by JimT; Mon Nov 28 2016 05:44 AM. Reason: ad
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No,and not worth much more than parts

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Jim is right. Plenty of clocks made, especially that era, with no numbers on them.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks again for all the great responses. And even for the not so great responses 👿

I will be cleaning this one up and adding it to the collection. Runs great. And I'm sure it's worth more than just parts. 😀

Thanks,
Paul

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved