Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#682746 Sat Mar 18 2017 10:43 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hi. Just checking to make sure this is a common date mark on this Texaco 6' DSP. Sign seems to be original from everything I have read and checked for, but there are not too many pictures on the date code out there to compare against. Thanks.

Texaco Date.jpg texaco left.jpg Texaco Front.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That sign is an original. What I find cool about that sign is that it is a very early version of that sign...maybe even from the first batch of these white surround "T" signs.
Texaco switched over From Black surround “T” to the White surround “T” during 1935-36. There was an approximate transitional period of up to 10 years on some signs.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was thinking the same thing Dave. Really early date on that white "T" sign. Nice looking big sign.

Brian

Brian H
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the quick response Dave! I ended up buying the sign today. The color is really amazing for an 80 year old sign. The other side is in decent shape but not quite as good as this side (the crease on the lower left caused a section of porcelain to chip off in the white area by the Trade Mark letters but the colors look just as bright). I have always wanted one of these and can't wait to get it displayed!
Dave

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved