Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#688095 Tue Jun 06 2017 05:07 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
This is simply an observation on my part. I have been a member of EBay for a long time as well as Etsy. I have made a lot of purchases especially on EBay and sold many things. Every time I have sent PayPal funds to the seller I have "held my breath" until I saw that tracking number and knew for sure my item was on the way.

I find my involvement in the Oldgas community a breath of fresh air. There is a high level of trust and integrity among our fellow members! I have made several purchases and sold items over the past year. I have found every persons word to be their bond.

I do not worry about sending PayPal funds to fellow members...ever. And most of all I believe every sign or pump plate to be 100 percent original. That means everything to me. What a great bunch of guys and gals to be a part of.

I thank all of you for letting me be a part of such a great community...I greatly appreciate our veterans who take their time to supervise the sessions....and I thank all of you for your honesty and integrity.

What a great place for petrolina enthusiasts!
Steve

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Agreed

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, I think my blood sugar just rose 20 points!....

Oldgas Members are NO DIFFERENT than the General Population... NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!!

Most of us on Oldgas can relate; "deals gone bad", experiences....

Oldgas has had "Scammers" join Oldgas and before they were kicked off; they caused some chaos for those having dealings with them...

We have had more than a few Members that were not honest, hopefully most of these People are no longer on Oldgas.

We have had and still have Members that say they will buy an item and when "push comes to shove". And I mean Members waiting weeks for payment, with no response to PMs and Emails. Finally getting excuses such as; well I'm sure I sent the Money or another winner; I spent the Money for the item, on something else and now I've changed my mind and don't want the item...

For the most part those on Oldgas are honest... But, when one deals with one of the dishonest ones; it taints Oldgas a great deal!

If you haven't run into that problem? Count yourself, lucky!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I couldn't agree more. I have no concern about sending out a tracking number before payment is even received. If someone misrepresents an item, or reneges on a deal, it becomes well know by everyone and they generally move on or make the situation right.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Stop it Bob! All of my oldgas experiences have been rainbows and unicorns so far.... you just ruined everything (just kidding)

Last edited by ironheadtom; Tue Jun 06 2017 07:27 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Maybe I am still living in the land of OZ! My tornado borne house has not hit the ground yet. When it does...I hope it lands on the wicked witch of the west...one of those stealth Ebayers in sheepskin who somehow snuck onto our Oldgas yellow brick road!

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I won't argue with Bob, or any other veteran member for that matter, but I am happy to report all my experiences with fellow oldgassers have been positive to date.

I do feel that the forum with its membership does a pretty good job of letting others know if there is a problem with some transaction and it is brought to everyone's attention which can result in problem resolution or perhaps the removal of the offending member.

I am proud to be a member of this group!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I agree with everything said in the above posts. Most all have been five star rated transactions. Once in a while it will happen, even here, but I never give it a second thought about sending money to an Old Gasser on here. Ebay is a different story altogether even with some Paypal protection. But remember that youre not in Kansas anymore no matter where you land.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Agreed

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Dang...I was told there were still some great porcelain gas and oil barn finds in Kansas!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"We have had and still have Members that say they will buy an item and when "push comes to shove". And I mean Members waiting weeks for payment, with no response to PMs and Emails." This was my experience. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I've never sold here or ebay, have had great experiences buying.
With 18,188 members some bad apples will float to the top no doubt. Tracking a few over the short time I've been a member after they burn the bridges they seem to move on. You can only hope your not a bridge I guess.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved