Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
fatty Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Can anyone advise on quality and fit of the Capco style bodies sold by Gas Pump Heaven? Apparently they are not marked Capco repros., are they good quality?

Last edited by fatty; Fri Jul 14 2017 05:49 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GPH's bodies fit their lenses. Any lenses from another manufacturer - or original lenses - don't fit very well.

Our lenses are sized to fit original bodies, and bodies reproduced from the original molds.

Reproduction bodies from the original molds have the CAPCO markings on them

Later . . .

Jim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've used GPH capolite bodies for over 25 years with no problem. Way back when I got a case of originals and they were much like the reproductions with fit and lens install.

Have gas all the time
C
C
We had fit problem with gph years ago, maybe they fixed the problem, Scott Anderson owns capalite trademark and original mold ,that's who we deal with,Scottys garage,online i think

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
As collector to col stated above, I've also found the Capco repro bodies sold by Scott A. to be very good for fit and appearance. Also, priced right. John

F
fatty Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I sure wish I would have asked BEFORE I ordered 4 of them and a frosted lens. They showed up today and are even worse than you guys said, Not even close, they are markedly undersized. None of the 8 original globe lenses fit. Very disappointing, the entire order is being returned. I will order from the vendor recommended above. Gas Pump Heaven must get truckloads of these returned, hard to believe they would rather deal with returns intead of fixing the problem or selling the ones that fit.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO, their mold company didn't factor in the shrinkage factor of the plastic as it cools. Probably made the molds exactly the size of a supplied sample.

F
fatty Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I am never buying anything from them again. To top it all off I shipped the entire order back today in the same box and realized they overcharged me $17.00 in shipping and now I am $20 out of pocket to ship it back.....assuming they credit me the $37.00 they cgarged me for shipping. If they dont I will get my visa card folks involved, very disappointing but lesson learned nonetheless

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Are you sure your lenses were originally in capco bodies? Or are they for a different type of body like a glass body?

F
fatty Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Yes, they were in original Capco bodies to begin with and fit perfect but the bodies were in terrible shape, cracked, yellowed, chunks missing, etc.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I really hope that I'm the only Oldgas member that responded to this post that is receiving harassing phone calls from Andy @ Gas Pump Heaven.

Apparently, it's easier to harass me than it is to offer a functional plastic globe housing.

Jim

F
fatty Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Sorry you caught grief over this Jim. I sent the order back and it appears they have issued a refund (pending per credit card co.) so I am out the 20 dollars for return shipping but I am chalking it up to the cost of education being new to the hobby. I sure wont make the mistake again.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved