Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#692941 Tue Aug 22 2017 05:49 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
review this list as too what is being sold as these signs are going somewhere- be educated so you don't make a mistake, its a dead giveaway when the seller is from India, but when there bought & resold from here you need too know what your looking at- as most of these sellers are playing dumb too make a quick buck- most were never made in sizes being offered- a picker brought a union speed & power sign by here with the shelving being thicker than the original- as time goes by there making these better & better- a education cost you nothing, a mistake does .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/sch/vintagetreasure15/m.html?LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Last edited by advertologist; Tue Aug 22 2017 05:50 AM.

RANDY
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
It is almost beyond words what the long term affect of all this will be on the hobby!!!!
I can only hope that the influx of fakes will some day die off and we can look back on these times as just a dark time for the hobby. But something tells me they will never stop coming.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
As usual my first thought looking at the number of bids they were receiving was that there were an amazing number of stupid people out there. I did notice that when you click on to the number of bids, it now shows that even the coded bidder number assigned by Ebay is now hidden as well. So now the seller or a friend can just ghost bid all they want to make it appear the item is hot until some dope steps in and does a real bid. If nothing else the listings are great to scroll through to warn you as the new repops hit the street.

Last edited by muntzman; Tue Aug 22 2017 07:15 AM.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
It is only getting worse, stopped buying porcelain signs years ago. In future years people will get tired of being burned and only a few will appreciate original signs. Decorators vs collectors.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Buy from reputable sellers. The only reason people get burned is because they think they are getting a great deal on a sign. If you dont have the knowledge to know which signs are real and which are not... then pay the premium to buy from someone that does.

Many collectors and resellers in this hobby, including myself, guarantee their items authenticity.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Thanks for posting newcomers need to be aware. I agree the bids are being jacked up just waiting on the real one bidder. The Pierce pennant signs 28 by 17 which I have a crusade against are bringing big bucks. Last one I forced sellers hand on he relisted it as vintage and it brought more than the norm. GO FIGURE. If everyone who collects a brand would wage a attack on these guys we might make a difference. I am aware my brand pretty easy, you guys with the bigger brand names would have to wage a full scale war and life is short.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted By Loyd Pierce
Thanks for posting newcomers need to be aware. I agree the bids are being jacked up just waiting on the real one bidder. The Pierce pennant signs 28 by 17 which I have a crusade against are bringing big bucks. Last one I forced sellers hand on he relisted it as vintage and it brought more than the norm. GO FIGURE. If everyone who collects a brand would wage a attack on these guys we might make a difference. I am aware my brand pretty easy, you guys with the bigger brand names would have to wage a full scale war and life is short.

Too late for a edit. I'll add they are being bought in bulk by less than honest ebay sellers in the U.S. which removes the India listing making it even more confusing.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I agree, I collect Mobil and I see fake Pump Plates with 25-30+ bids on a $15.00 Fake. It is ridiculous.
People spending good money on garbage.

Collecting Mobiloil, Mobilgas, Mobilmarine, Metro, General Petroleum, looking for Mobil variations I do not have, thank you Steve

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved