Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
There is a set of salt and pepper shakers currently offered on eBay that are an obvious fantasy set made from an Esso set as indicated by the marking on the reverse of the blue shaker. Don't bid thinking this is a new rare find! EBay listing 292452638495. Sorry for the small pictures.

Fake Winters Set.jpg Fake Winters Set 2.jpg Fake Winters Set 3.jpg

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
.. ... cool

1aaasp.jpg 1aaasp2.jpg

RANDY
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Thanks Randy!

Regards, Jim

G
G
This was my listing on ebay. I just ended it finding out these were a fantasy set. I picked them up last week in an antique store having never seen them before.Thanks for this post.

Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
I think this is one of the greatest benefits of this website, with everyone keeping an eye out for each other and members like yourself doing the right thing. I learn new things here all the time, I just hope you didn't pay very much for the education.

Last edited by SandPCollector; Sat Feb 17 2018 09:29 AM. Reason: changed last word

Regards, Jim

G
G
They didn't cost me that much thankfully. I tried doing some research and there isn't much out there regarding Winter Gasoline. I just assumed it was affiliated with ESSO to some degree.

Thanks again for the info Jim. I appreciate this forum and all the members and knowledge here!

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
It's rather humbling to publicly admit that one made a mistake. I want to say that I applaud you for doing so and doing the right thing. VERY GOOD! KUDOS!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I completely concur with Stu, very honorable action gruff1! I don't know the first thing about S&P collectibles but many times I see fantasy oil jars for sale and, upon contacting the sellers and explaining to them what they have, they refuse to acknowledge that they are wrong. Much of the time I like to believe it is simply honest denial but then, particularly with eBay and on facebook, you see a second and third similar item and you find out who your dealing with. It is gratifying to know that the vast majority of members on this sight can be trusted to do what is right.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved