Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
any ideas greatly appreciated...easy and quick fixes. wink
Is an old wire milk or soda bottle carrying crate deal.
Mean green or krud kutter maybe ?

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Prep and etch (15$ a gal) but you need to monitor it as it will eat the metal. Depending on how much rust 20 minutes to a couple of hours. Molasses does not eat the metal and yo can forget it and not ruin it. 16$ gallon animal grade not for human consumption. You can dilute and reuse these for a long time!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Evapo-rust, let it soak overnight - rust is gone. But you would need a lot to dunk that basket and it's not cheap. ($22 / gallon)

Last edited by Speedracer; Sat Mar 17 2018 09:59 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks to you both, I will see if I can find the molasses at a farm supply feed store ! ( like to go chemical free as much as possible )

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just so you know, Evapo-rust is non-toxic, bio-degradable, ph neutral, water-soluble, no acids, VOC's, no fumes and is safe on skin and eyes and can be dumped down the drain when your done.... and it works great!

-Steve

evaporust.PNG

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Speedracer
Just so you know, Evapo-rust is non-toxic, bio-degradable, ph neutral, water-soluble, no acids, VOC's, no fumes and is safe on skin and eyes and can be dumped down the drain when your done.... and it works great!

-Steve

Thank you Steve, I see Walmart carries this stuff...is a must have for several upcoming de-rusting projects I have in mind.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Like I said. It works great, but it's expensive, and it only lasts for so many uses. I use it full strength, soak it overnight and it won't eat the metal. The molasses might be the cheaper way to go, but the Evapo-rust is definitely an option. Good luck with your project.

-Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Apr 01 2018 02:42 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved