Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#705956 Thu Mar 08 2018 07:02 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I've never been to the show and thought I might go this year. Is anyone going to be taking gas pumps to sell? Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
I was at the show today. They had about half dozen pumps out on the lawn priced 3x retail. Same thing inside the vendor area even for the beat to death common signs. I didn't bother hanging around for the auction based on what I saw in the vendor areas.

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
A nice straight original Wayne 60 rolled in and was priced fairly. I would have bought it on the spot if i wasn't in a car. It sold quickly.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Did anyone here score a deal at Mason Dixon? I combed the place top to bottom starting at around 7am and couldn't find anything. Maybe the vendors did all of their wheelin' and dealin' before the show patrons arrived.

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Great show, free admission, only 30.00 a spot ,the family that puts this on had free cake and provided food no charge, only a donation jug,great people, i would like to see more collectors bringing some stuff to sell, especially since prices are 3x retail,if you sell at 2x retail you may make a killing, Back to deals ,not into gas pumps so wouldnt know a good price,or deal on one, didnt find that amazing addition to the collection,but seen some rare,and some good deals on signs,

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Never seen this one

20180310_065010.jpg
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted by TheHorse13
Did anyone here score a deal at Mason Dixon? I combed the place top to bottom starting at around 7am and couldn't find anything. Maybe the vendors did all of their wheelin' and dealin' before the show patrons arrived.
I am usually set up at this show but was unable to attend this year. As to deals between vendors before the public arrives??? This show sets up on Friday...all day. The public/show patrons is/are welcome to buy on Friday as well as Saturday. If you were unable to be there of Friday, you really can't complain about missing deals? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

M
M
I am one of the Mason-Dixon Gas show promoters and I would like to give you my comments. The show was organized to bring together sellers and buyers in a place and time where there had been a void before the summer shows began. We, as promoters, do not organize what is being sold and what prices will be set by the vendors. As with any show, prices are all over the place (high & low). The statement of no deals to be had is based on your own perception. Every vendor who sold was very happy with their sales and the buyers must have been satisfied or they would not have purchased anything. Every collector has their own price level and with any show, there is always complaing about selling prices. Welcome to the world of collecting! If you don't like the prices, negotiate with the seller, make a purchase or move on. Simple as that.

As to the adjoining auctions, they are not associted with Mason-Dixon Gas. The only thing these auctions do is to provide more foot traffic for each event.

The more shows a person attends, the more one will see the pricing level. Rairity, condition and availability are usually what drives any price structure. Ebay & auction companies are a prime example of varying pricing levels.

The shows are usually not a flea-market venue to make great deals, but from time to time, great deals can be had.

Mike Carr

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
It's Great to hear of a Non-Greedy show these days.

A
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
A
My first time attending and also vending at this show.Thank you to all who put this show together,i was very pleased with the way it was set up and did very well selling items . thanks

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved