Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
st.rod Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Long time member here, I only look in anymore. Sure do miss the, Hey its Monday, Tuesday etc. Don't ever see it. Guess we are all too busy. Well Here it is, Whats happening guys? Its been a great Sunday here in Colorado. Been at the American Legion where I am everyday as Commander. Still have my meager collection and miss the old 'Old Gas Days.

Larry

Last edited by st.rod; Sun Mar 25 2018 04:53 PM.

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hi Larry, all....
Today was in the low 40's but nice and sunny, seemed nicer than it was as the wind is really blowing from the east which has created a bit of a "wind chill" situation. The forecast is showing a few days in the 50's coming up, which will be very welcome as I think we're all looking forward to some actual spring-like weather. I spent a few days last week on and off figuring out the paint scheme for my Wayne 866. I did a lot of looking at pics online but I think I've come up with the look I want, courtesy of an old advertisement from a Michigan travel magazine I had from the 40's. It shows a car wash / White Star Mobilgas station on West Grand Boulevard with a couple 866's. They appear to be in the generic from the factory paint scheme with the striped doors, but I think it will look great with my Mobilgas Ethyl globe on it. I guess we'll find out but I'm really looking forward to finally restoring it.
Take care out there,
Darin

White Star Detroit.jpg

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Sorry for the vertical pic...I rotated it on my desktop to the proper angle and it still turns it when I upload it.....

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good to hear from you Larry. I've tried a few times to get the daily checkin threads going but I always seem to get distracted for one reason or another. It would be great to have everybody back in the groove but times change I guess. We've been at our place in Florida for a couple of weeks entertaining grandkids and doing a little fishing. Very little fishing this trip as my boat developed a gas tank leak so my son pulled it back home for some maintenance I wasn't counting on. Just before I left to come down here I bought seven visible pumps and have moving them home to look forward to as soon as I get back. I'd never owned a visible pump until a few weeks ago and now I have eight of them! Don't matter what you touch in this hobby, it always multiplies too fast.... Have a great week all. Maybe we can make an effort to make the check in happen more often again..... Gary

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Hi guys from Jersey.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good evening everyone! It was a cool cloudy Sunday here today. High of 48 is all. Im ready for the warm weather. I also miss these check ins.... I hope everyone is all doing well!

Braden Splichal

Good to see the old daily chatter here on the Non-Petro forum. I've been guilty of being "too busy" myself. I'll try to do better.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Hi Larry, glad to see your still around. Spring weather here. Should start my spring fishing in about two weeks, the lakes are still frozen. Needed to work on a different project so went upstairs and got down the doors of a model T touring. Started replacing the wood in them. Richard

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Hey, I'm still here also. Sure do miss the chatter like it used to be! BTW, is Doc from Long Island still around? He was good at adding good stuff to our threads. Sam

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved