Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#714839 Sat Aug 11 2018 08:19 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hello fellow old gassers , hadn't posted or said hi in awhile and just wanted to . Finally got my kb all road ready this summer and finished . Got to cross the big muddy Mississippi with some buddies and our wives . Took the mo doc ferry barge from st gen mo over into Illinois then back home . The pic of the gulf station was taken a few weeks ago in flat river mo , before I got my bed installed . Getting ready for a 2019 trip to bonneville with my son next year in it and putting some miles on it to get her ready . Just wanted to share and say hi to everyone , hope your all doing well .

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Nice truck

Very cool, Travis. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool stuff, but in my in my circle we call them “traditional” hot rods, your’s is too nice to be called a rot rod. No I did not misspell the word. Dig the look and job well done.

Have gas all the time
Done4 #714959 Mon Aug 13 2018 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thank you guys hoped you would like the photos . Jim every year I say I want to make a desoto car show or cruz in , this fall maybe I can . I will be sure message you if I do , would like to see you and say hi . I haven't mentioned it but I also bought my daughter a 67 fast back this summer we found out in the weeds in the middle of nowhere in southern mo on one of our ventures . She has been helping me with it a lot and we have it all just about tore down . Car is getting a complete dynacorn floor from rear bumper to fire wall , bottom was rusted out like most the mustangs all did . In 1990 me and my father built a 67 coupe for my sister and now almost 30 years later me and my daughter are restoring one. This car is a 289 , auto trans , ac , power steering car . Nothing special but should make her a nice fun car to drive on the weekends . Here is a crusty pic of it the day we hauled it home this past may . Sorry for dark fuzzy photos maggie took picture of her phone screen as I didn't have any saved on this I pad .

image.jpg image.jpg

Great project car, Travis. Love that you're doing it with your daughter. I've always preferred the '67 to '70 Mustang fastbacks.

You say when you're coming and I'll be there with my Mustang. DQ has a show every first Saturday of the month. There is a show / cruise on Main Street at the old Texaco on Sat, August 25. Meet 5 pm, cruise 6:30 pm.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great pics of your projects Travis. My son is wanting to build a one ton flat bed truck with a 55 Chevy cab on a Dodge diesel chassis. I thought of your trucks when he told me what he was planning on doing even though it was a slightly different direction. Your Mustang pic/project reminded me of my son's similar one when he was 15. We hauled a 69 coupe shell home with intentions of building it for his first car. It was nowhere near a car by the time he was 16 and ready for one, Lol! He ended up buying another driver and I finally built the Mustang years later for myself and still have it under cover in the garage. Hope you can do a better job of getting your daughters ready than I did! Neat projects, good to hear from you on here....Gary

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Gary . Your sons idea will be a good one I like the old 55 chevy cabs . I keep wanting to attend that big car show in Springfield mo one of these years . Maybe in the next year or two we can meet up there with a few old cars.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great trucks, love the look.
My son and I are at a standstill on his 1941 Dodge Power Wagon on a 78 3/4 ton chassis. He enlisted in the army and is at basic training at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri, will be heading out in a week to see him graduate. Then 4 years training as a Diver.

The red 41 is our daily driver, original and crusty

IMG_20180301_170533121.jpg IMG_20171030_173642436.jpg
Last edited by KZ1000; Mon Aug 20 2018 05:48 AM.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved