Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#715047 Wed Aug 15 2018 08:15 AM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Morning Everyone,

Raining here with an inch and a half already fallen. We needed it. Buying insulation this morning to put up on top of my new garage ceiling as I put up the panels.

Here's a photo of the front of the Hammer Museum in Haines, Alaska a couple weeks ago. Cool place with an amazing display of hammers through history and lots of very specialized hammers.

Have a great hump day out there in Oldgasland

hainesAKhammermuseum.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning all! Nice bright sun shiny day here in North Dakota!
Its been hot and we could use some of the rain that Jim is getting.
Its getting a bit dry here from all the heat.
We had visitors on the neighbors yard this morning!
The bunch was split up, with some feeding on the grass while these others stood watch at the shoreline!
Hope all is well with the rest of you.
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Geese 1.jpg Geese 2.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Checking in. Hot and dry here. Wheat harvest is pretty much over for every one here. Been a good year. Visibility is only a couple of miles due to smoke from the fires in Canada and locally. Need some rain to clean things up. Been working in the shop on pumps. Life is good. Richard

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning all , Kevin we have a herd of Geese that hang at the boat excess down the road,every once in a while they make their way in winter here. Not in summer as there is so many that feed them they do good to waddle around. I say herd as I counted 136 last time me and the grandson was there, they have really become a pain as its also a picnic area, hard to picnic for all the POOP.

Jim big hammer ,I have a hammer collection somewhat,never miss a chance to pick a odd one up. You are going to be very pleased with the difference the insulation and ceiling are going to make, the garage may become your favorite hangout.

My sister is coming in end of week , she has some big decisions to make concerning a property she inherits ,think she plans on putting me to work and getting it listed for sale. I'm a great manger of work,not so great of a worker.LOL!
Be good to see her sure I will be busy,so I'm getting a few things squared away here. Jim's rain is headed this way they say,mowed the place down in the country yesterday it had been 16 days and it really didn't need it due to lack of water . Once you have made all the effort to get there you make a dust bowl right?.

Have a Great Day Oldgasers..

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Wed Aug 15 2018 03:14 PM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lloyd--It made me think of all the geese I saw at Don Sherwoods out in Oregon!
He has a big group that comes in every day for a little corn treat!
Quite a sight when they come flying in thru the trees!
Heres a picture of Don distributing some corn!

Dons geese 2.jpg Dons geese.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hello All,
Warm and hazy here in Hillsdale today......rain is supposed to start later today. The northern part of Hillsdale County is on the cusp of drought conditions according to a report last week. We can certainly use some precip anywhere currently, so not complaining.

Must be a bird type of day on OG. I had to fill in for deliveries here at work today. I spied a flock of buzzards in the cemetery across from an account I was delivering to, so crept in the best I could trying not to scare them. I thought the scene looked like classic Halloween with the buzzards on the gravestones. I was able to get decently close to snap a couple pics. I don't believe there would be much to pick off a 130 year old skeleton though, lol!
Darin

Buzzard.jpg

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Afternoon all. Been cooler here today with a shower this morning and now overcast. We are supposed to get more this evening but it is spotty so you never know what you will get. Been working on rewiring my Florida boat. I was informed that we were going back down in three weeks whether it was done or not as my wife and cycling friends are registered again this year for the Bike MS down there. I still have quite a bit to do on the boat but if I just make myself stay after it I should be able to get it all done. I don't really want to make another special trip with it if I don't have to.

Jim, we were in Haines about nine years ago I guess and I don't remember seeing the Hammer museum. Maybe we just didn't walk around town enough. Loved the Alaska trip and hope to do it again sometime before I die. Should be a good day to work on your ceiling and insulation, get it done before the heat cranks up outside again! Well, better get back to work, breaks over. Have a good one everybody.....GB

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
The Hammer Museum in Haines, AK is just a few blocks after a right turn from the cruise ship dock. You can Google it. If you are a tool nerd like me, you'll enjoy the visit.

Here are pics of a wall of body shop hammers and a 130 year old nailing machine.

hainesAKhammermuseum-bodyshop.jpg hainesAKhammermuseum-nailermachine.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Wow, I was watching American Pickers just now and Frank bought that very same nail gun.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved