Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#719448 Mon Nov 12 2018 09:55 AM
MtGoat Offline OP
OP Offline
I bought these two gutted pumps yesterday one is s gutted Bennett 756, and the other a gutted Wayne 70. My question comes fro. Looking at Jack Sims book. It shows and states the Wayne 70 doesnt have ad glass below the sight glass, similar to the Wayne 876-D...... note the ad glass on the Wayne 876-D looks wider than the face glass etc....

The pump i bought has a Wayne 70 manufactures plate and has ad glass above the window dooe glass and below the sight glass and is the ad glass width is the same width as the door window glass. The doors line up with the side panels and door latch and look origional to the frame.

Im new to pumps so maybe my questions are stupid but I do want to learn. Was the ad glass an option on this pump ??? Again in the book it says , no ad glass... when i try to fine parts for this pump , i iust want to make sure i getting the right ones etc...

Note on my pump the pump hose abd handle is higher on the side like the on the Wsyne 70 Polly pump picture i posted from Jacks book.

Also if anyone has a Wayne 70 that looks like mine could you share some pictures of tbe outside and i side so I can see what i need to look for when calling around for parts.

Thanks Larry

20181112_073032.png (495.06 KB, 87 downloads)
20181112_065709.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
MtGoat Offline OP
OP Offline
Picture of my pump didnt load....ill try again...

20181112_073032.png (495.06 KB, 103 downloads)
MtGoat Offline OP
OP Offline
One last try

20181112_080312.png
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not sure if this will answer all your questions but keep in mind that there are MANY different versions of the Wayne 70.
When the sight glass is at the top then that pump will not have ad glass on the side.
When the ad glass is at the top of the door then that pump will have ad glass on the sides.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
The pictures in the gas pump book are just drawings, they are not to scale. The ad glass in the door of your pump should measure 5 by 12/5/8 inches. There were many variations of this pump, some had ad glass, some did not. The hose is high on your pump because the sight glass manifold is near the top of the pump, again the drawing in the book is just that, a drawing.

It also looks like your shift button is sticking from time to time, mostly when using a period or question mark. LOL.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

MtGoat Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Tom and Ryan

Looking through that book it showed 70s with side ad glass and the Polly one i posted the picture of. The book didnt show one with a door like mine other than the Wayne 876. So had me thinking maybe it had the wrong doors on it, except they look origional

Ryan, lol on the stuck period on my phone. Im not a english major, i just write how i think, haha

I do appreciate your responces.

Tom ill be calling you next week to sèe what you have for these pumps.

Thanks again

Larry

Last edited by MtGoat; Mon Nov 12 2018 12:43 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved