Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#742786 Mon Jan 27 2020 01:46 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I’m looking for a eco 98 face I would like a NOS or fairly nice used one . Maybe a dial also. 931 206 5599 . Derrick

Last edited by Chase6667; Mon Jan 27 2020 01:47 PM.
Chase6667 #742872 Wed Jan 29 2020 02:12 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have restored over 550 Model 90 ECOs. These pictures will show you how many I took to Carlisle/Hershey and other shows for over 20 years. petrolianacollectibles.com/eco%20air%2

For over 30 years I have been selling ECO parts. In the late 1980s, I contacted Mintex (this was the company that purchased the ECO from the Bennett Pump Co.). I told them I wanted to become a seller of the parts for these meters. They asked who I was I going to sell these parts to, I told them collectors and that I was not going to sell these parts to people who were still using these parts. Within one year I became their largest seller of these parts. For what ever rason Mintex sold the ECO rights to a company (actually only a short way down the road) named Performance. Again, I became the largest purchaser of their parts. I also purchased all the meters that were returned to them because they didn't work as they should have. Their program was not to fix the original meter, just send out a new one. One day on the way to CTO in Columbus, I stopped by to pick up parts. I had in my truck 20 ECO heads that I had for sale. I left there with another 80 ECO heads, arriving at CTO with over 100 Model 90 Series meters.
I was also the largest purchaser of ECO parts at that time. A few years later, Performance sold the ECO division to OPW, again just down the road and I continued to purchase parts from them. Again, they told me I purchased more parts than anyone in the world. Around 2004 OPW decided to discontinue selling, etc. anything to do with the ECO line. I purchased over $13,000 worth of parts. These parts are quickly disappearing, it will soon become impossible to restore these unit to working units, just like the earlier ECOs have been for over 15 years.

When I was restoring ECOs I always sold them with a new repro face, so I do have a number of very nice original porcelain faces with very small marks around the screws, which can be covered with the original style fiber washers we sell.

Contact me with your needs.

Jack Sim
www.petrocollect.com
jhsim@petrocollect.com
314-4273943

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved