Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hen, I’m sorry I misread the the headline but am glad you’re now active. I too have collected toys, press steel and Marx. We should start a thread on non gas to show and discuss these toys and share your knowledge. I’ll check to see if there is an old post we can add to, what ya say?

Have gas all the time
1 member likes this: henlovestoys
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great site Jim ! I’m in it for the long haul. LOL.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I started rebuilding nozzles when I was 17, I am now 58 and still rebuilding gas pump components. 41 yrs.
I'm still around, still doing computers.
I can't keep up with demand. I don't move as fast as I used too.
I am also trying to get my Bessie back in shape.
One reason I don't post much anymore.
At least you can always come back here to a CIVILIZED place.
There are some real jerks on some of the car pages on FB.

This old truck has had too many gas pumps on it to count and has made
several trips to pickup and deliver large computer orders. I once had 5 pumps standing up on back !!!
In the bed is one of them $25.00 A-38 pumps we used to get back in 1988.
I bought the truck in 87 for hauling dirt bikes. She has not been on the road since my heart attack 8 yrs ago
I hope this is my LAST big resto.
The house was heck !!!!

I sure do miss ol DB. He was a hoot.
He would give me heads up on stuff all the time.

100_2161.JPG 1979 DATSUN KING CAB.jpg NETHERCOMPUTER TRUCK ST WHEEL 018.JPG

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
2 members like this: Gasman84470, henlovestoys
I am still around every day, I just dont post as much as I would like to mainly because of my new shop. Things will simmer down for me soon and I will be more active.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I also visit the site daily and fully enjoy the knowledge shared by the membership on such a varied number of topics. I thank Jim for hosting this and thank the members for their contributions to my continuing petroliana education.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
H
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted by Done4
Hen, I’m sorry I misread the the headline but am glad you’re now active. I too have collected toys, press steel and Marx. We should start a thread on non gas to show and discuss these toys and share your knowledge. I’ll check to see if there is an old post we can add to, what ya say?

Hello Les,

Wow! Glad you are interested in antique toys. Yes, I will start a thread on Non-Petro section & we will have fun.

Regards,

Hen

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I check in 3x a week or so.

Don't post as much as I used to, but I'm still here.

2 members like this: Gaspedler, henlovestoys
H
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Duane,

I have enjoyed your posts & learned a lot from you since 2008. Love the bench you are working on.

1 member likes this: Ohio Oil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Still check in here pretty much everyday since 2001. Things are different since DB left us.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
2 members like this: nochevys, henlovestoys
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I look at the site at least 3 times a day. Things have really changed on every forum since Facebook but I still support them. I agree with Keith that things are different without DB and I sure miss his posts. Hopefully we will all get past this current scare the country is going thru and shows and auctions will start to open back up. I'm looking forward to my 24th year of Iowa Gas and hope this does not disrupt that schedule. Everyone stay safe and healthy.

-Matt
2 members like this: keithia, henlovestoys
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm approaching my 4-year anniversary as a member of Oldgas. Not sure if that makes me a veteran yet or not. I bounce back and forth between here and Facebook. Different formats for different purposes I guess. There is a lot of traffic on Facebook, but as others have said, a lot of folks are on there to make a buck and don't seem to really love the hobby. Plus there is way too much drama and personalities for my taste. However, if you want a chance to buy stuff, there are lots of chances for that.

Here on Oldgas, it's more about the love of the hobby, the desire to help each other out and just virtually share the hobby. I get almost NOTHING in terms of help from Facebook but there is a lot of "attitude" on there. If I need to research something, I come here. If I need help from fellow collectors, I come here. This feels more like a family of collectors than Facebook ever will. I hope this forum never goes away.

BrianH

Brian H
2 members like this: DuceCpe, henlovestoys
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
It's hard to believe that I've been a member now for about 13 years. I had "lurked" a little before actually joining, like many often do, a bit worried the 'ol curmudgeon DB would probably have something to say to the "newbie" member, lol! I remember how fun it was at first, being really excited about the new hobby I'd taken up and showing off new finds with the membership. Sharing my first big acquisition, a 6' Red Crown thermometer, the Wayne 866 that a farmer friend gave me, my pair of Sinclair Aircraft signs find. It's nice to know I can still go back in the archives here on Old Gas and relive the memories of these finds, just too bad the photos are mostly gone! Darned Imageshack I used at the time!!

Like most "vets", I don't post as much as I used to, but I'm here on the site many times a day. I'm not on FB or any other social media sites by choice. I still actively collect but the prices of today have tamped down my buying, plus the simple reason I just don't have much room left! wink I still try and help out with any information I can add to threads I'm knowledgeable on. I also used to post frequently in "BOTW", but with the continued strong interest in the hobby and the value these items have attained in the last 10 years, I just don't feel as comfortable as I first did sharing new acquisitions. A sad sign of the times, but a sentiment shared by many on here I'm sure.

I enjoy this site immensely and will continue to remain active and help others along the way as I can!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good to hear from some of you 'veteran' members!! I havent been on here too terribly long! 8 years I think?? I try to check in weekly, but man work and life keeps me pretty busy!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hello all! Been a member here awhile now. Used to be real active. Not much anymore really. Can't remember the year that was my last trip to Iowa gas. Stay safe in these trying times the country is facing..

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
When Jim started Old Gas back in 2000, I was one of the first to join. I believe my membership number is 50. Years ago I was told I was the second longest of those who were still contributing.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved