Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#748735 Thu May 14 2020 01:34 PM
S
Shaker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Im finally getting a Bennet 966 Pump assembled that is in the Silver Sky Chief colours , where the fuel hose end attaches to the cast 90 fitting, is that fitting to be black or silver? and the hose retractor shield on side of pump panel, is that pump colour as in Silver in this case?
How do you attach the stainless widow trim and the add glass trim? The new rubber I have doesn't have a provision like the originals did.
Where do you oil the register gears gears so that it turns over smoothly with the side crank reset?
Was the Bennet serial number tag attached with 4 rivets or 4 screws?

Thanks
Randy

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Shaker #748773 Thu May 14 2020 09:04 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you need a parts manual that shows every part of the pump, I have one available. http://petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%20956.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #748774 Thu May 14 2020 09:19 PM
S
Shaker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks , I already have a Bennet Parts Manual, just need to find out about the paint details I mentioned above.

Shaker #748778 Fri May 15 2020 12:21 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The original stainless trim had little brads (nails) welded to the back side. Once the rubber and window was installed, you would press the brads into the rubber molding. However, most of those brads rust away or break off, so I would suggest using an adhesive, like caulk or something to hold the stainless on.

The window rubber is an ā€˜Sā€™ shape (cross section) I believe. Make sure you have the right rubber and the windows should go in fine. Sometimes it takes a try or two. Use windex glass cleaner or soap during installation. Makes it easier.

This is a great video for glass installation...

https://youtu.be/blaD0vgEUDU

Last edited by Speedracer; Fri May 15 2020 12:28 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved