Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the update! Ditto what buzzy56 says, I think a lot of us enjoy seeing the progress you are making on this station renovation.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Really awesome to see this kinda of love and dedication given to an old and deserving piece of history. Fantastic progress!

Last edited by RedHat; Sat Jun 26 2021 10:25 PM.

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
This is going to be stunning when finished. I hope sometime when I'm up in Dallas I can drive by and appreciate this beauty in person. That tin ceiling is fire!

D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Another update- got the west parking area poured and completed Friday while dodging rain showers. The concrete guy did a really good job. Now all the concrete work remaining is the "courtyard" area and he should get to that this week or next, hopefully.

b.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
We got a lot of work done this weekend. I spent some time up on the ladder replacing broken tiles. My legs are still rubbery from going up and down the ladder. Each one of the tiles has to be chiseled out by hand so the surrounding plaster/stucco doesn't suffer too much damage.

6.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I think I'm done on the west side- all the tiles that I am going to replace are replaced. Still have to go back and grout them. I think they look pretty good, 4 on this side had to be replaced.

9.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
The roof over the addition to the secondary building was was a disaster. The original roof didn't have enough slope, and it was rotted. Then the previous owners added another roof over it, and it rotted. So they shaved 2x6s and put tin over the whole mess, and it leaked. All of the old roof was ripped off and a new roof built. It was made heavy-duty since the AC compressor is going on top of it.

c.jpg d.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I spent all day yesterday in the bathroom. And no, it wasn't due to bad burritos for lunch. The wall between the interior men's room and the exterior ladies room was a water-damaged, termite-devoured mess. A sledgehammer, couple other hammers, grinder and shovel and wheelbarrow and the wall is gone. Going to re-frame the wall and foam insulate it.

7.jpg 8.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
All gone now.

10.jpg 11.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Was able to salvage the original sign for the men's room- the varnish/paint on it cleaned up nicely.

2.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hope to get the windows and doors that are remaining in sometime soon. The HVAC equipment that we ordered is in and at the shop, ready for installation when it's time. The interior bathrooms in the secondary building are framed and electrical is in process. I'll get some photos of the framing when I get by there today.

I've learned a lot on this reno. Mostly, though, I've learned don't say what you're going to do until after you've done it. Every step of the way things change for a variety of reasons and what you thought would do changes. But overall, it's been a blast.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
All I can say is WOW! It is more than impressive to see what you have accomplished to date. Thanks again for the update. I eagerly look forward to the next one.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
This is fast becoming one of my favorite threads. Thank you for sharing!

C
C
Quite a project. Should be great when finished!

R
R
Like many on here, I love following this! Hands down one of the coolest projects I have seen!

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved