Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Craig Osbeck #758210 Fri Dec 11 2020 08:02 AM
L
L
I agree you should never respond to email requesting personal information. Always contact the company directly.

In reference to Ebay changing its payment system, yes they did/are!

Below is a link to article disclosing the Ebay and Paypal agreement ended July 2020 and yes: Ebay is going to handle transactions internally HOWEVER, that isn't exactly the full truth. Read the article where Ebay is working with a European firm to complete these transactions so your info will be shared yet again.
It's all about Globalization!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ebay-says-its-will-move-pretty-quickly-on-payments-transition-as-paypal-agreement-expires-2020-07-20#:~:text=EBay%20Inc.&text=EBay%20EBAY%2C%20%2B0.20%25%20and,commerce%20giant's%20primary%20payments%20partner.

From the article:
EBay is now partnering with European payments provider Adyen NV ADYEN, 3.20% for its new system, but the economics of that deal are different than they were with the PayPal arrangement because eBay is taking on aspects like risk management and payments customer service itself.

Cutright told MarketWatch that eBay is “taking advantage of end-to-end control” by supporting Apple Pay, Google Pay, and regionally popular payment methods like Afterpay in Australia. Because eBay is now running its own risk models, she also said that “you should expect to see more buyers successfully get through checkout” because marketplaces and payments providers may approach authorization in different ways.

Last edited by LotsofStuff; Fri Dec 11 2020 08:17 AM. Reason: Additional Comment
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Craig Osbeck #758214 Fri Dec 11 2020 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They’ve been doing it slowly for a couple years. Big movers first down to the little guy (my girlfriends account has maybe 30 total sales in 6 years and hers just got the message). Naturally there’s no need to respond with your details, no one is asking for that in direct response to any real email/message. It’s all done on the site in the form. Saw a mention that PayPal doesn’t ask for SSN, they are a financial institution and by law have every right to ask for that and bank account info and eventually will if they haven’t already...not the biggest fan but it’s long been the truth. You will be asked if the account is connected to selling in any way and/or goes over certain transfer limits.

Having used “managed payments” for a couple months now on eBay (I sell less than 10 items a month it seems) the fees are about 3% less without PayPal and other bumps can lessen that even more. It takes longer to have access to the money which is kinda ***** (same processing time if you were to transfer your PayPal balance to your bank account) but that’s your bank’s end more than eBay. I was borderline a bit frightened when I originally got that message but it’s done little to toss a wrench into things.

Last edited by RedHat; Fri Dec 11 2020 12:03 PM.

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
Craig Osbeck #758247 Sat Dec 12 2020 11:09 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I haven't sold on eBay for some time, but may get back to doing that. Given the info here that the seller payment situation has changed, and now requires using the seller's bank account, I will establish a small savings account at my local credit union specifically for use with eBay. There will be no account minimum balance and no maintenance fees ever at the credit union. Also, no ACH fees charged at this particular credit union. Because I'll keep the balances low in this eBay-only account, nearly emptying it frequently, I won't be risking much, in case of any fraudulent activity at some future point in time. John

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved