Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#767279 Tue Aug 17 2021 07:50 PM
OP Offline
for almost a year now I have been wanting to pursue the gas station business and open a full service gas station here in southern New Mexico. At my Chevron station i want to give customers the option to pump their own gas, or do a full service, like clean their windshield, check their air pressure in their tires, check their oil and etc. i would like to even build my station to look like a 1950s Chevron station. I feel that if a full service is available at a gas station the customer will feel more confident and safe knowing their vehicle is running properly and that they will have a smoother drive.. This would not only benefit the station owner but also the customer.

chevron station.jpg
2 members like this: huskybob, hawkike
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Great idea. Pursue you desires. Always room for great customer service. I know I will pay more. There are 2 stations in Austin neighborhoods that offer that old fashioned service. People love it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Haven’t seen anything like that since 1986, I worked at a station that we checked the oil, tires & did the windshield on request.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Head to New Jersey were attendants' pump the Gas for all customers today..It's a state Law.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Cold Pizza
Head to New Jersey were attendants' pump the Gas for all customers today..It's a state Law.

I believe Oregon is still that way as well. Would Chevron even allow a station like that if you wanted it to look like one from the 50s?

R
R
My aunt's station was like that right up until she shut it down about 2012 or so. Plus it was a small, smalltown station built in the late 40's and still retained subtle touches of that charm. Lots of seniors frequented it for the full service so there certainly is a market these days.
That said, these are few and far between now unfortunately.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved