Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
I forget the exact model number of this pump, ask Gary Drye, he might remember...but it is an american clockface, one of very few known, and there is only one known original top in existance to my knowledge because they were art deco milk-glass and didn't survived the test of time... so I bought a tok. 36-B top to go on it, and it fits pretty much perfectly, both of the sides to the pump were to far gone to try and restore, so I had new sides fabricated out of 16 gauge steel to be exact replicas of the originals... all the cast metal is in good condition...(base, window bezels top of frame where visigauge connects... the visigauge has been restored and fitted with new bolts as the old ones were to far gone to mess with...all the frame rails have been sandblasted primered, painted, the clockface mechanism works perfectly, the hands are in good shape.... this was going to be restored to wilshire's economy gasoline...thats why the two tone green colors.. but due to time and space issues I would like to either sell it or trade it for an item or items of equal value... this pump is about 75-80% restored with most all of the hard work done.. im located in western kentucky..

please ask any questions you may have at ethancarman@aol.com

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
American #50
Top should look like this [w/wo globe holder].

---Information on this pump was emailed to me as a Model 50. Have re-checked with the sender & he made a typo err. It is a 550---

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 06-18-2008).]

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That is an American 550

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
AMERICAN 550 has an in the face visi & is a Veeder Root computer.

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I have a clockface in storage with the same visiguage. ID tag says 550.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morgan, a clockface in storage???? That's terrible, would you store a Monet or a Chagall? I think the responsible thing to do would be sell that pump to someone who just built a nice big garage to display his pumps. If you need some help locating such a buyer, I'd be willing to help you out LOL

------------------
Good Luck on the Hunt
Lance / The Pogo Man
Pogo's Pumps
pogogas@telus.net

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hopefully here is a better pic of Ethans Pump

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i hope we will get some pics of that nice new big barn with the pumps displayed!from what i have seen it would be an awesome collection!!mick

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Is no one interested in this pump at all? I would trade it for some porcelain signs or other interesting items of equal value...or a combination of both.. I value it around $2000...

let me know..
Ethan

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved