Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#784750 Mon Dec 05 2022 05:49 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi guys - I just joined the site today to see if Jack Sim was still around, since he was clearly central to the hobby and I couldn’t reach his website. I never knew him of course and am not a long-serving gas pump guy, but I have many of the bad habits of one 😊. Sorry to hear he’s passed.

One of my many interests is fixing things, and I’ve become pretty good at it because I’m excellent at breaking things around my hobby farm of many foolish pursuits (see my website).

I have a friend who is down on his luck; a simple guy, lifelong mechanic who worked precarious employment his whole life, helping others and always being generous with those who invariably had more than him. He’s moving to an apartment from a rural property he’s lived at for decades, collecting all manner of things that a skilled, resourceful, and helpful mechanic would. But now all of these things are a stress to him as he prepares to move, while he deals with cancer treatment (not terminal) and other challenges. Some friends and I are preparing to help sell everything he has, many of us with the means are buying things ourselves for top dollar to both get something of value our friend saved, and help the helper a bit.

I am thrilled to have found lots of such things and one of them is an Eco 97. I’ve wanted one for a while and am impressed by what they’re worth. This one appears complete and original. Glass is still there (though markings in rough shape), numbers move, has the wall-mount bracket. If you had this and were selling it, what would you hope to get for it (sorry if this is the wrong place to ask the question - I’m a newbie)?

In the attached pic, the stuff blocking the view through the window looked like a mouse nest at first, but on closer inspection is a solitary bee nest or maybe mud dauber wasps.

I love researching this stuff and can’t wait to restore it and use it. Pointers to the right posts/advice very welcome!

Thanks!

95964CE8-57CA-4A80-9F9C-8D82D17C0532.jpeg DBEB31DA-5349-473B-9549-F8EFD012553E.jpeg
Last edited by Oldgas; Mon Dec 05 2022 02:11 PM. Reason: Moved to Value forum

David Ross
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
daveross #784854 Thu Dec 08 2022 04:35 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I’m that condition a wall mount ECO is worth about $1000 - $1300 USD retail.

Last edited by Speedracer; Thu Dec 08 2022 04:36 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
daveross #784921 Fri Dec 09 2022 06:30 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The last few I've seen listed sat for a week or more while listed at 900-1100.
They eventually sold in the 850-950 range

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved