Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have listed advertising signs with Mecum auctions in the past and they were very professional and accommodating. Descriptions were done by me and all though i had NO reproduction or fantasy items they were happy to add anything i wanted as to condition or provenance.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
In a quick look thru it appears to me to be about 50% repro, Thats a LOT Youve got a lot of nice original pieces also but theres going to be a lot of very unhappy buyers! And remember your name is on the headline.......

1 member likes this: hawkike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by gasgeezer
In a quick look thru it appears to me to be about 50% repro, Thats a LOT Youve got a lot of nice original pieces also but theres going to be a lot of very unhappy buyers! And remember your name is on the headline.......

That’s about exactly what I thought and why I originally commented on this. I would ask Mecum to accurately describe each item or discontinue the auction with them. Show them this thread if you want, but there are going to be a lot of ***** off buyers and a lot of buyers who don’t have the knowledge and will later discover that they were ripped off. Mecum apparently doesn’t care about their integrity. There are A LOT of reproduction/fantasy/fake items in this auction.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
M
M
Originally Posted by gasgeezer

Just got down here and managed to get an hour or previewing in. Should have saved my money on logistics. Never seen so many signs marked as original that are fake. Tons of stuff that's restored, it's just insane. This goes across the entirety of the auction, not a subset.

Feb 17th-18th Richmond Auctions: https://bid.richmondauctions.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved