Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#790470 Sun Apr 23 2023 01:43 PM
J
Jack007 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I removed the assembly from my pump, I want to remove both sight glasses to clean inside the glass and polish the spinners. I removed the glass retainer so far, do I have to gently pry them off?

Thanks much!

IMG20230423143519.jpg IMG20230423143526.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
I am not familiar with the Neptune model sight glass, but I have always been able to get the glass separated from the gasket surface on all of my pumps with the use of a small wooden mallet. If it were me, I would put the ring back on and replace the bolts but leave them all loose enough for the ring to float freely and then I would deliver sharp blows from the 12 and 6 orientation and then the 3 and 9 as well. The ring just makes sure that when the glass does loosen, that it does squirt away and hit the floor. Spray on oven cleaner works well to clean up the sight glass, but be careful if the spinner has any painted surfaces. If not oven cleaner will handle the spinner as well. Neil

J
Jack007 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
One glass was sealed with silicone and after it was scrapped out, I was able to twist it off. The other glass a couple of firm taps on the thick edge, popped right off

Are people painting their spinner or just polishing them?

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
In thirty-five years of restoration, I have always cleaned and painted the spinners. I usually bead blast them then spray with silver hammer tone. For a contrast touch up two blades with another color, if you'd like? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved