Next Thread
Print Thread
#89409 Mon Dec 26 2005 07:40 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M

I'm trying out this site for the first time. Being new to the hobby, I did a Gasboy Pump for a John Deere collector. It was my first attempt at basecoat/clearcoat. I liked everything about it except the price!

My neighbor painted an ECO 37 that I have restored. Ron Scobie helped me out a bunch with parts as well as a faceplate for the Gasboy. Thanks Ron.

[This message has been edited by Mike Browning (edited 12-26-2005).]

Now that I've got this Petroliana bug in my system, I'm ready to progress to a full size pump. I got this Bennett 966 from a guy that was retiring from farming and he still had some fuel tanks and this old pump. Anyone try sandblasting porcelain? I tried a small spot and it seamed to come right off.
[img=http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8306/asfoundstarboardstern8mp.th.jpg]

[img=http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8306/asfoundstarboardstern8mp.th.jpg]

MB
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Mike, your Gasboy looks fantastic, actually one of the better ones I have seen! as you get into this hobby, you will eventually wish you had ran across a pump in good enough shape to leave it exactly the way you found it. The problem is usually the pump is so deteriorating with rust, you have no choice but to restore, but in your case of the Bennett 966 I wouldn't touch it, it looks great in the wild just the way you found it. The only thing I would do is clean it up and maybe a original sign and globe. You always can restore a pump, but you rarely get the chance to find one in the wild in that kind of shape, I am still looking for mine! get that thing indoors, and leave it alone. just my opinion. Good luck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW!...WAY COOL. MY NIECE'S FATHER IN LAW WOULD LOVE THAT. GREAT JOB ON THAT LITTLE PUPPY!....ER, DEERE!

YES, NICE BENNETT IN THE WILD! LOVE THAT SHOT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

DOC @ TAG.WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Love the Gasboy. Bennett too.... I think that I agree with liam, leave the Bennett the way it is...

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Mike nice job on the gas boy, I like the smaller farm pumps. Richard

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I have to side with everyone here on the Bennett leave it the way it is. The Gasboy looks great. Good job on the paint for the first time

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
F
F
Mike, great looking gasboy! Just starting one for my father and brother and I planned on a John Deere scheme as well, hope it turns out as well as yours! Leave that Bennett alone, I was faced with the same decision as yours with a porcelian Gulf National clock face and I am glad I am leaving it alone. Good luck!

F
F
I am restoring a small Gasboy farm pump.
I have most of the parts except the white faceplate around the meter, anybody know where i can pick one up ???

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved