Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8793 Mon May 26 2008 02:40 PM
B
BooDog Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have an odd (maybe not for most of you) question. I own an old Gulf station built in 1939. We used it as our work shop for a few years. I had a gentleman call me to see if I would sell just the building, as he wanted to take the metal siding off and re-erect it on his land in the country. I guess he wants to recreate an old service station on his land (pretty cool idea). He said that the siding was ceramic coated metal. We are contemplating demolition of the building, as the site has a higher and better use as something else. Does anyone have an idea as to what the siding is worth. If we do demolish it would be great to see the shell live on somewhere else. Thanks for the help

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#8794 Mon May 26 2008 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Instead of scrapping it out, have him make a Donation to a local charity. You both win.

#8795 Wed May 28 2008 10:39 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I really want to do the exact same thing, but don't have the money or land yet. From what I can tell, there isn't really a market for porcelain stations (even though people do buy them from time to time), so the value is driven simply by what he is willing to pay for it and what you are willing to let it go for.

Tom
#8796 Fri May 30 2008 08:45 AM
Had a friend who lived in a 150 year old log cabin and wanted to build a new house there. He gave it to a man who carefully disassembled it and moved it a way to rebuild. He didn't have to pay for demolition and saved history. No, he didn't get to milk it for all it's worth but something worthwhile was done. Just ask the buyer what his deal is and if it's "enough" everyone can be happy.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved