Print Thread
#102653 Mon Jun 11 2007 07:16 PM
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Hello everyone.
I picked up this 1000 series Gilbarco on Sat. while visiting a friend I work with in Sundre Alberta. He told me about this pump a few weeks ago. It was in a concrete yard's garbage dump which is just down the hill from my friend's acreage. When I went to visit him on Sat. we walked down the hill to look at it and it sure enough was in the dump, the upper and lower doors were off and laying in, around, and under some junk. Luckily enough, the boss of the concrete yard was there and we walked over to ask him about it. He looked at me with a funny look on his face and said if I wanted to root around in the junk and get it out, you can have it. Well, I thanked him very much and we went back up to the yard to get my truck and we pulled it out of the junk and loaded it up. I got it home and pulled the pump and motor out, washed it up and razor-bladed a few layers of paint off and peeled a Texaco and a Shell and a PetroCan decal off. It's only missing the glass, reset crank and a hose and nozzel. It's actually quite straight and solid. For now, I'm just gonna scuff it down with 80 grit and spray-bomb it so it looks decent beside the rest of the lineup beside the garage. It's not as nice and cool as Lances pump, but for free and saving a nice one like this from the scrap, I aint complaining.
Ken.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 06-11-2007).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Nice score Ken !!!

+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
FREE is a good word ,And Another one saved from the crusher, You did good Ken .

Chris Holt
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Man you should buy your friend a beer or something for that save. Good find Ken.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved