Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9312 Thu Nov 13 2008 05:12 PM
T
Thurman Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I've done my Internet searching and can't find what I want. I would like a picture of the old SPUR gas globe, or sign, that had the railroad tank car, with the words "SPUR GAS" on the tank car, and "SPUR GASOLINE" around the outer perimeter of the globe. I'm redoing a Gilbarco pump as a SPUR pump. My pump, my choice. The person who does the lettering for my business says she can do the inside of a globe for me as a "SPUR" globe if I can get a picture. Thanks, David.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#9313 Thu Nov 13 2008 11:43 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Lenny Hop has been the globe editor for the "Check The Oil" magazine for over 20 years, if anyone has a picture of this globe it is him. He really knows his globes.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#9314 Fri Nov 14 2008 04:59 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

#9315 Fri Nov 14 2008 08:40 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
David as long as you're trying to do your pump as a period Spur/Murphy oil company piece , remember that their Regular was a red with over all white. Their premium was the same , only a bright blue. Ive got some period maps that show details. Spur was also a major retailer along the #1 hwy to Washington D.C years ago also. Ed Shaver

------------------
see ya on the road folks !

see ya on the road folks !
#9316 Mon Nov 17 2008 11:50 AM
T
Thurman Offline OP
OP Offline
T
tokheim, that is exactly what I was looking for. I've saved it and will work with that, Thanks. Ed, thanks for that info also. I live in S. GA. (Albany) and grew up in a neighborhood with a SPUR station and that is why I am doing this pump with SPUR logo. If you have a picture of a SPUR pump with logo and could e-mail me or post it I would appreciate it. Thanks Guys, David

#9317 Mon Nov 17 2008 03:16 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Looks like you got the info you needed. If it helps, I just now added 2 Spur globes to the Globe image album.
http://www.gaspumps.info/gallery/v/globes/Spur/

Tom

Tom

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved