Next Thread
Print Thread
#182342 Tue Apr 06 2010 05:26 AM
P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
I thought most the sign were good to great buys. I loved the dealer sign! Anyway, what did you feel about the citizen 77 sign? 1500 seems very high in my neck of the woods. The hood sign was great too!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Where in Floria is that guy ? he had some killer stuff, Look like good price on that hood tire sign.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The Hood sign is a killer piece...an address with contact info on the guy in Florida would be great lol...I'd think 1k plus on the Citizens sign in that shape...I believe I asked about one at a show and it was over 2k (asking price anyways). The gent in Floriday had a rockin collection.

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CROWN GLOBE WAS A SCORE ,W/ THE STANDARD OIL ORIGINAL BOX! THE GUY IN FLORIDA ,HIS STUFF WAS GREAT, THE MOBIL OIL BOTTLES "THE SET" WITH THE HOLDER,WAS REAL NICE,PUMPS EVERYWHERE IN THE BACKGROUND,YOU NOTICE HOW THEY DID NOT DISCUSS PUMPS AT ALL WITH THAT GUY! LOL MY FAVORITE WAS THE CITIES SERVICES GASOLENE SIGN & THE REO SPEED WAGON! THAT WAS NICE,REAL NICE,DONT SEE THOSE EVERYDAY! YOU KNOW I DO NOT THINK IT WOULD BE HARD TO DO SOME SKIP TRACING ON THAT GUY,HE SAID HE WAS ON THE BARR FOR 20 YEARS AND WAS A ATTORNEY FOR ANOTHER 20 PREVIOUSLY TO THAT!HE STATED WHAT BENCH HE SERVED UNDER ,I FORGET WAT HE SAID, BUT IF I WAS IN FLORIDA,I'D BE LOOKING THAT FELLOW UP!

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
That collection was sweet. They got great deals on everything they got!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That was a good episode last night. I saw where it was the seasons final episode, now what, I thought it just started. The reruns take the mystery out of watching. Hope i'm wrong about this. Has anyone ever met or bought and sold anything to Frank or Mike in person?

-Matt
P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Never heard of them til the show started. I forgot about the crown globe! 200.00! I need to meet more poeple like that!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
They have been to a local auction before. Chadrock has met them.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I think the price on the Citizen's sign was good. It cleaned up on one side to be near mint. Should be worth the $1500 if the other side is as good. Just my opinion, though...Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I agree Dale!
I liked when Mike said "I'm trying to buy it? Do I gotta sell it too?" because the guy kept saying what will you give me for it?
They say they have sold the signs they have found BUT they are all hangin at their shop!

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
He said he was a Circuit judge and after researching his name on google I believe he is in the Orlando area.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That place was a collectors dream. And he sold things cheap. at least to American pickers.

But that show is all stayed for TV.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I went on a plumbing call today.
The guy had some cars, trucks etc, around.
There was a studebaker rotting out there too.
When I crawled under the house to fix the leak, I found several tin windup toys...
...but they were ALL rusted and not much of the original toy was left. eek eek cry
As I waited for the glue to set , I looked in the back yard and there were motorcycles...one was like the little indian from pawnstars, but the engine was missing.
As far as I know Benelli made those in the 70's for whoever had the licensing for the Indian name.

There was a girl who lived up the street when I was young that had one w/ a sidecar and she would ride her dolls around in the sidecar laugh laugh

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
well since i was out of town last week until wendsday,i didnt get to see pickers.but last night we went out and had dinner with friends,and kurt had it recorded.the fist guy is right here,about 15 minutes away from me.i bought my red crown from him about two years ago.really nice guy and a heck of an odds and ends collection.he had some curb pumps,but all were priced a little high,imo.may have to take a ride and visit him again.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved