Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
None #186255 Fri May 07 2010 09:03 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
$141 and some sentimental value I would say you did just fine! wink Like Jack said this is a rather common pump so "if you build it they will come" Just keep putting out the word, You'll find those doors! grin
Originally Posted By: None
No insult taken--- I paid 141 bucks for the pump.

I'm a Michigan State University Alum --and this pump was used on campus at the old farm-- so I'd be willing to invest more time/money into it for that reason.

Plus I'm the patron saint of lost causes--I've got a 68 Honda CB350 that I've spent 2 years and surely too much money gathering parts to restore.

Another question--anyone have a vague idea what (given its current condition) this thing will weigh??

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
None #186285 Fri May 07 2010 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome!
The shorter 700 doors will not exactly fit the 600 series even if you lengthened them. The hinges would not line up, they are at a different location and the latch bar is not at the same height. With that being said, if your handy with metal working they could be modified, anything is possible.
Your best bet is to keep looking for the correct 646 doors, they are out there....patience my friend.
Again, welcome aboard, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site.
Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
tbuckles #186303 Fri May 07 2010 05:12 PM
N
None Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thats kind of what I was wondering about with the hinges--I am very handy with metal working-- I've owned a few old Ford Rustangs--anyone who has owned one knows what I mean. But if the doors arent as rare as hens teeth then maybe I'll hold out and keep looking. I obviously have alot of work to do on it while I'm looking.

I'm kinda glad its not a super rare pump--I'm going to do some slow sanding and see if the pump reveals its original colors. If not-and seeing how it was MSUs--I have thought it would look nice in the school colors of green with white doors (i can hear the purists cringing lol)

None #186308 Fri May 07 2010 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is your pump for awhile [it will be around after your gone], do as you like & Preserve the Past for Future Generations. Might even end up in another MSU Alum. hands next.
db

N
None Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well thank you--yeah thats kind of the view I take of all my old iron--keeping all the old cars rolling for someone in the future. I already copied the AD from the auction for prosperities sake.

I wont do anything that some paint cant fix---Wont be cutting it up or ruining the integrity of the pump. I'm sure I'll gut it but I'll keep the stuff in the barn to go with it when I'm gone.

So yet another question--is it best to haul it on its side or face?? I'm planning on boarding it up on either side regardless. Is the frame strong enough to support its weight on its side or face? Or rather are the tins?

Last edited by None; Fri May 07 2010 07:13 PM.
None #186327 Fri May 07 2010 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I use a 2' pc of 4" PVC/ABS pipe to roll it into pickup bed. Prop the top just under the spinner glass w/ a 4x4, it'll ride just fine.

N
None Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Ok--a guy contacted me about an add I placed on Craigslist for doors. He is unsure if they are 600 or 700 doors as his tag is missing.

How tall are the 646 doors --from bottom of the door to top of the curve portion??

I cant check my pump as I pick it up Tuesday lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved