Next Thread
Print Thread
#196514 Wed Jul 28 2010 05:29 PM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Well guys, I am almost done with my pump "restoration", such as it is. I installed it today and will be posting pics in a bit after it gets dark so you can see it lit up.
I have some extra holes on the pump I need to fill. Some are big and near the top and 2 are on the side where the reset and on/off lever would go. ( My pump was apparently scabbed together so both side skins have holes for the levers) This type plug/button was filling one of the large holes. (see pic) What are they actually called and where can I get some in various sizes?
Also, I seem to be missing the on/off lever. Its the lever that would attach to the electrical switch. Anyone have one or repop them? Thanks,
John

Thanks,
John

front of button resized.jpg back of button resized.jpg

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HMmmmmm! I may be coming in late here but I don't seem to know what kind of pump for the ON/OFF parts. Plugs like that are easily obtainable at stores like Lowes or Menards, or maybe you have a small hardware salvage dealer like we do?? Get your picture up so we can see what you're talking about.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Its a Tok 300. By on/off lever, I mean the lever that attaches to the electrical box...which I assume turned it on and off? Heres a pic of what I mean. Note the large hole near the top where I need a plug and below that where I need a lever/handle where the rod comes out of the electrical switch. Thanks,
John

side resized.jpg
Last edited by Vermonter; Wed Jul 28 2010 05:54 PM. Reason: just didnt make sense

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There should be a rod that has a round, flat knob on the end to turn the electrical on/off. It would go into the pump and attach to the electrical box. Easy to make a replica of sorts.
That hole near the top---I believe that was where some pumps had a pipe protruding and price ads or gasoline ads would be attached to the pipe. It will look fine with a plug in the hole as many of them came that way.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
John, look for hole plugs. I see them in chrome, steel, brass and plastic online. Numerous different sizes. Hopefully this helps.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Thanks guys. KW, the rod is there that goes into the box. You can see it just peeking out of the side. I guess I need the handle to it. I thought of using my old reset handle (bought a shiny repro to replace it) but it wont fit over the end of the rod.
John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Look in the Electrical Dept [used where conduit was removed from a box].

IF you have 2 nozzle sides, make it up like a Twin dispenser, single product. Could even mount on a spinner base & do other side for a different company [1 side MOBIL, other TEXACO] spin when you want a change.

V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Thanks guys. I thought I have seen those plugs somewhere, just dint think it would be that easy.
John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got Your answer w/o going anywhere !
ROTF,LMAO

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
At Lowe's the plugs are located with the nuts and bolts.

Bill Fortune

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved