Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is my SW 812...

Robert Usrey
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice. Even a custom made show case pump "WOW"

OP Offline
Robert, Great Job on your Southwest Pump as well. I like your showcase and your custom Polly globe. My Oil can stand will be a little different, I'm using another Southwest Pump, cutting it down in height, basicaly removing the height of the faceplate (about a foot), I'm keeping the add glass, and below the add glass will be removable panel showing off the oil cans, both 1 gt and 5 qt Polly Motor Oil. For the top, I'm installing a Wayne 585 stationliter, with Polly Motor Oil sign in the globe housing. It will be painted to match the other two pumps. I hope to have it down in 1-2 months. I'll post pics when it's done.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Southwest 812's and Polly colors...it doesn't get any better!!

Robert Usrey
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey, don't cut the pump down just add more shelves. I can guarantee you'll fill every shelf up with your can collection in the future.
Mike

OP Offline
Have to cut it down. I want to use the staionliter on top, besides I only have 111" to work with (height of my garage). I want to be able to display the pump set and oil stand inside and outsie when I go to shows. But I do know what you mean, thanks.

OP Offline
Greetings from Iraq, update on the matching Polly Motor Oil Can stand (making it out of matching Southwest Pump and stationliter on top). It still in progress with Larry in Texas, but here are some pics of some of the things done thus far, Custom Globe, ad glass, decals, 1qt and 5 qt cans done in both POLLY PENN and POLLY PREM. I even got a matching ad glass for the Polly Gas Ethyl Pump. It should be done by the time I get home this coming mid Nov 2011.

Polly_Prem_Motor_Oil.jpg pollypennprem5qts.jpg Poly-Prem-Wayne-70-Ad-Glass[1].JPG Poly-Ethyl-Wayne-70-Ad-Glass.jpg
OP Offline
My Polly Gas Pumps and matching Polly Motor Oil can rack stand are finally done. All were made using three Southwest Pumps Model 812, the oil can rack was shortened in height so it would fit in my garage with the stationliter atop. The oil rack stand has a removable panel, and we used a light bulb with overhead shield instead of the fuel sight glass for better illumination at night. Look at the before picture, where you can see one of the original Southwest pumps, and if you look to the left, you will see an unrestored cooler, it's the rare Canada Dry Spur Cooler. All three pumps and cooler were restored by Larry Wingate in Abbott, TX.

photo.JPG photo2.JPG photo3.JPG DSCN0356.JPG Canada_Dry.1.JPG
Last edited by Anthony Montano; Mon Nov 26 2012 03:15 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, They look really nice...think they might change my mind on the model pumps I like. smile

Last edited by Nicole; Mon Nov 26 2012 12:16 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved