Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ok yesterday I was surfing coca cola items and with 20 minutes left to go came across this item (180577850859). I am by no means of the imagination an expert coca cola person, in fact I wish Doc would give us classes on the common items like chest mounted bottle openers since most of them I would call repros. Anyway back to the item above. The bidding was already at $105 and it looked to me like a mobil calendar with the horse removed and a bottle put on top so I put it in my watch page and actually projected my doubts onto the seller. In other words I do not believe this is an authentic coca cola item. Well WOW look to see what it ended at. I hope for the buyers sake it is $847.77 real. Anyone else have any thoughts (I know this in not a coke forum :)).

Forgive me if this should have been in the repro section.

John

Last edited by Fueluser; Thu Oct 28 2010 01:57 PM. Reason: added some words
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am no Coke expert, but it looks nice. Seller has god feedback and offers a refund if not satisfied.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Alex - Really? GOD feedback? LOL

"let us pray . . . "

Later . . .

Jim

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Wow, with something that unique and all the fakes out there, I would think with a seven day auction a bidder would have time to research and even call Coca Cola in Atlanta and speak with some authority on this piece. That ending price is not chicken scratch!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DEF A COOL PIECE THAT THIS 38 YEAR COLLECTOR OF COCA-COLA STUFF HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE.... PROBABLY WELL WRTH THE PRIVE PAID FOR IT. QUITE SCARCE.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
P
I've been collecting Coke items for over 15 years and I have never seen that peice before. My grandfather was a bottler, I wish he had one of those on his desk,, but don't recall one.
Cool peice

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
And if you look closely at the pictures the bronze for the bottle does NOT match the rest of the item. I, until someone tells me they saw another one believe its FAKE. John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have been collecting coca cola for many many years & have bought for a couple great collections & i also have never seen this piece. i looked thru my coke book & did not see it there....I will have to agree with you John that it very well could be a fake....if you really need to know if its legit i could find out for you.......

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
No I just wanted opinions. I have to buy a book as I want to explore the world of Coca Cola some. smile John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Fueluser
it looked to me like a mobil calendar with the horse removed and a bottle put on top

...exactly what I thought when I looked at it...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved