Next Thread
Print Thread
O
okoil1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
O
I live in Owasso, Oklahoma, a suburb just north of Tulsa, OK. The city leaders have finalized plans to construct a replica 1928 Shell station that will funtion as a CNG filling station for appoximately 50 city vehicles.

Interesting and a win/win situation. The design will be a great preservation of history and the functionality will be a great introduction to what could be the future of energy in the US.

See the link for renderings.
Shell CNG Station

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Sounds great to me, but judging by the comments at the end of the story, people would rather have a Wall Mart. Sad.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's to cool! I wish my town had leaders like that.All they do here, is discourge bussiness any way they can.It's like they really don't want you here.

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Vermonter: I don't pay much attention to those who post comments on news stories online. Seems like too many are negative trolls who run down most everything.

Looks like a wonderful project tying old time petroliana with modern alternative fuel.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
O
okoil1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
O
I just went and read the comments, hadn't looked at them previously. I'm not sure two of the authors of the comments are even from this area.

First, We don't have Coscos in Oklahoma. They don't have franchises here b/c it is illegal to sell spirits anywhere but a liquour store and Cosco basis a substantial amount of their profit is wine/liquor thus they don't have stores in Oklahoma.

Secondly, Owasso is a decent size suburb (4th largest high school in the state) and has Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc and dozens of chain resturants.

Regardless of what a few loons think, rembering history in a functional manner is always smart.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Thats true Jim. I stopped reading them on my local online paper because it just raised my blood pressure.

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think that it's a neat idea, but I'd rather see them restore and preserve an existing building that is actually historic, rather than build a new one.

Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thermactor makes a valid point ! I too would prefer an existing service station be preserved . However since too many localities as here , Richmond Virginia seem to think old service stations are all eyesores , they get the axe. Still, my hat is off to the expertise of the model builder that did the archectural model in the article . Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved