Next Thread
Print Thread
#227593 Fri Jan 21 2011 01:08 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I've been looking for 3 years for this part to finish my 36 Ford logging truck resto project. If anyone here has this in good servicable condition I'll pay your price. This pushes out the windshield from inside the cab, early A/C. Thanks and stay warm. Terry

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Are any of these what you are looking for?

http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/mac-s-ant...7-fullsize.html

Later . . .

Jim

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I have one for a 35 sedan in the garage... some where. I will try to get out there and look for it tomorrow.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Tnx for looking T-Way and Midwest Oil but neither is right. T-Way pic is only the handle, I need what the hanlde fits on and the car one doesn't work for the trucks. But I did get a email from Bob Drake that they are going to make them again and could have one by end of March. Drake made them years ago and dropped them in the past. Guess me and some other guys pestered him enough to redo them. Didn't find this out until I checked emails late last nite.
As a note here Bob Drake, I and a cousin used to play cowboys and indians and other goofy kid things when we were little dudes. He would spend the summer with his grandparents just down the street and would come every summer. His home was in Kenosha WI and over the years as he grew up he married a gal from Crandon(my hometown) and headed west to LA. Later went into the resto parts business and now makes excellent stuff for us old Ford guys, and we are getting OLD. Cousin sees him once in a while but I haven't since I moved from the old street. Ancient history part 1.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Hey Terry,
I have an extra, with 3 (36-7)old panel trucks and was keeping one for a spare, I'll mossie on out to the shop, it's pretty clean, with out putting it into a truck how do you gauge wear? tt

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have found from the 2 I have that the gear teeth break off the opposing sides. My fading memory tells me both were the left side, every tooth gone. This is the only wear places on it, rest are arms that fold in and out. Thanks for your time.Terry

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I'll take a look, it looks real good after a short time in molasses bath, this and drivers door latch and window regulator were my test pcs. It's one of those parts been hanging onto for years, ya never know when you might need one!

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Guess it would be about half smart to spread the word on this part that Bob Drake is making for all the other guys looking for it. Call 1 800 221 3673 Ext 104 and talk with Ryan Cooper to order part 48-701325, cost 75 bucks. THis will get you a brand new windshield regulator for a 35-36 Ford pickup/commercial truck. There are several places that have the handle that fits onto it inside on the dash, Drake also. Order up guys.
One other question Why molasses?

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
It came off a 35/6 pick-up cab I had gotten as part of the 36 "Deluxe" panel. The frame was bad where the rear x-member joins frame. That how I picked up the extra parts. The windshield was out of the p/u, the regulator didn't look like it had been paint, old grease came off in the parts washer years ago. well 33yrs of hanging on a wire in the workshop,it had a little surface rust. !st test of the molasses was a 5 gal bucket, not much fit, hey that regulator did. pulled it out wow like new! rinsed 2-3hours later? ohs**t it's red oxide color. So back in molasses, rinse then slosh around a little in th phosphoric acid (metal prep). I'm killing time between waves of snow, or previous snow was getting a little dull, so Mother Nature is giving us a fresh coat of snow!

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I had heard somewhere in the past that molasses would clean metal but forgot it.If you want to sell it give me a PM. Tnx
Terry

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Sorry Terry, I finally got around to drilling out a rivet, and a few teeth(3)are bad. Haven't found replacement rivets, should be able to tig the teeth up and recut with a cutoff disc. But the jig to hold will take some thought. tt

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved