Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#234938 Sun Feb 20 2011 07:03 AM
Tokheim Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Wanted to respond to some comments about the bowser blind pump posted in BOTW but did to want to hijack that thread and take away from the other cool purchases.

Don't think I can qualify this pump as having original paint. Like gulfiend said it is an old restoration. Sometime maybe 25-30 years ago before Jacks book or the internet someone did a decent research job and painted it to look like a picture or some litterature and then it was placed outside a museum type building till the other day. (Red oxide primer with black/red over that, brush job.) The CHIEF SENTRY is too big and painted with a stencil and the filtered gasoline is way too big and hand painted by a sign guy (Note they spelled filtered with 2 l's ha)

So while I am more likely than many to keep and spiff up an old paint job because I like the character and chips caused by use I'm not inclined to worry about saving this paint.

I'm thinking a good island style paint job and some better lettering, using all the original hardware I can and reproduction faces/hands/? is the way to go.

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks for the comments!
Brian/Tok

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
I would think you have the right idea. That pump will look awesome restored properly.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Brian, while you're figuring out what to so with that pump, I can "store it" for you ! You know where I live. Sam

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved