Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TerryL Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I took a Wayne 70 to a body shop last year. They stripped the old paint and repaired a ding in a door. The paint job and the work is terrific but, then came the bill, $1485.00.
I paid it & was well satisfied with the job. Is this a high price to pay? average? I really don't know.
BTW, This was bare doors and panels, I had removed all the hardware.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
All depends how many "hours " they had into the job and the material cost has sky rocketed in the past few years, there are many variables which can bring the price of a job up. The average retail labor rate around here is $65 where Doc is on long island double that. All depends on the job.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
around here they charge 600-800 to paint and a 100 to sand blast. all depends on the shape. if you take it apart for them ect.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Around $800 here. Like others have said, depends on prep work.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I always do all the disassembly, stripping, and sandblasting, and none of the painting, unless it is a brush job. I take it to the local Chevrolet dealer, his body shop will paint a wayne 70 for $500.00 to $600.00 including fixing the minor dings.

Norm Huff
T
TerryL Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
HMMM, "Local Chevrolet Dealer" My daughter works at a Chevrolet Dealership. This gives me an idea.lol

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The pump I am working 0n is a Bennett 646 and I had the base and inside frame work sandblasted and power coated for $50.I sand blasted all of the other small parts and primed & paint them for a cost of $15. I will sand blast the skins at a local shop that lets me us there equipment for $18 per hour and it never takes more than 2.5 hour($45) I use automotive paint and primer from NAPA and that cost will be $140 (more if you us red). Misc. supplies $25. Total = $275.

Last edited by Recycle68; Fri Dec 09 2011 07:07 AM.

Gas Pumps, Farmall tractors and 1968 Chevrolet Impalas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pay for what you get most of the time. Pay good money you should get a great job! Pay little and you can't complain if you see sand marks in through the paint.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Jarvis
Pay for what you get most of the time. Pay good money you should get a great job! Pay little and you can't complain if you see sand marks in through the paint.

I'll second that

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How "good" do want the pump to actually look? With a finish like a Mercedes on the showroom floor or a little bit "Au natural"? When found, most have several coats of paint and all but the first were usually applied by brush. You do pay for what you get(most of the time), but does it actually have to cost hundreds of dollars to do a very acceptable job. I say it is all a matter of personal taste. YOU have to be happy with what you have done(or spent money on). Dave

Last edited by catauladave; Fri Dec 09 2011 03:09 PM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved