Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#295424 Fri Jan 06 2012 11:17 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I know this has been brought up before but I can’t find the old links I remember (2003). I’m doing a bennett371 for a customer who wants it period correct. It has holes for the “contains lead” sign on the front as well as the sides.

Refresh my memory: wasn’t there some law passed requiring these’s signs placement. My inclination is to put them in front but for accuracy I would like to know if there was a cut off year where rules changed or if it was up to the station manager.
I know I should email Jack Sims but he’s probably been asked this so many times he’d shoot me, so I thought I’d put this out first.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ryan, from about 1930, the government required the placement of the "Taller " or rectangle sign stationg that the product contained Lead - tetryethyl and wasn't to be used for cooking or cleaning on the FRONT DOOR. That was however changed about 1940. Signs proclaiming Lead presence were allowed tobe placed on the lower sides , generally opposite of the hose so the customer could see. Uh Get hold of T-Way Jim, I think he can back me on this . Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved