Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#300137 Thu Jan 26 2012 01:24 PM
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
AUCTION
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11TH, 2012
PETROLIANA * AUTOMOBILIA * COUNTRY STORE * COIN-OP * NEONS * CLOCKS & MORE!

Inside the climate-controlled Lincoln County Fairgrounds Building in Chandler, OK

follow on Facebook for the best info at www.facebook.com/BallAuction
www.ballauctionservice.com
email: ballauctionhelp@sbcglobal.net
tweet/follow: Twitter.com/BallAuctions
call: 405-258-1511

Last edited by Oldgas; Thu Jan 26 2012 01:27 PM. Reason: Add to Shop Talk Calendar
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
The catalog is now up and not much gas and oil signs but some really nice pumps. I'm not a pump guy but some of these look pretty rare from what I've seen over the years. For anyone else, FABULOUS candy and nut machines, drug store items, barber shop etc. We are leaving Sunday and taking our time getting there. Hope to see some of you there.
Ray and Mary Sue

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
should this be a big turnout?

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
no telling. It used to get a very large crowd

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I've attended quite a few of the Ball Auctions. I first met them while attending the old Vic's auctions.....I think that they were the original auctioneers hired by Vic Raupt? John and Justin are considered friends. Since I just got back from Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale, a week and a half ago, I won't be able to attend. I will say that these guys run a first rate auction. It is laid out well. They keep it light and it moves along really quickly. I saw the flyer and really wish that I could be there. There will be some great stuff. I have reviewed the catalog and spoken with Justin, leaving my bids. If at all possible, it is a must attend. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Probably. They have a large following of local collectors.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
John & Justin were the original auctioneers for the Vic's Place Auctions, and did, I believe, the first 9 or 10. This is also around the time of year we had them from 1997 thru 2009, at which time I got out of the antiques business and went into the insurance business. I am so excited that John & Justin are having this sale this year and I will be there with bells on and an empty credit card. During the hey=day of this sale, we'd have 400-500 bidders from 25-30 states in attendance, so I know they have quite a mailing list. If the weather holds up (which you all know OK in Feb is a crapshoot) I would expect a huge turnout.

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
We attended the auction today and it was great but we have nothing to worry about on the value of our collections if this was an example. Signs went high and pumps higher then I've ever seen at the many auctions I've attended. I bought a few pieces but my bestvfind was in Colorado on the way to the auction... A very rare 30" Conoco minute sign, so that made my trip

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved