Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
This picture was found in an attic of a home in Los Alamos, CA. Looks like opening day of this Shell on Highway 101. Note the El Camino Real bell and sign to the left and two sided neon Shell to the right. Great looking Wayne 60's with the clam shell globes turned to face the traffic.

C Cragg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for posting this Shell station! Noticed the date on building is 1923.

Frank Jordan
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Established 1923. But could have been a Grand Opening after re-branding to SHELL [Notice the WAYNE 60's that were made approx. 1934-1935]. Also the 60 on right has a SHELL ETHYL DECAL [pump plate for SHELL ETHYL is the darker SHELL like middle pump], other 2 pumps could be either decal or signs.
db

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T

I can't confirm the date the photo was taken but I also noted the date on the station, but it appeared that the Wayne's would have been a later addition. Photo above shows the same station on the left, although it appears to be painted red, rather than white as in the first photo. This photo was dated early 30's when I found it. Here's a close up.

[This message has been edited by the poor mans museum (edited 10-28-2007).]

C Cragg
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
A nice Blast from the past , Thanks

Chris Holt
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Poor Man's Museum-- TY for the post. Enjoyed it as a nostalgic reminder of a time in Calif before it got nuts... I was at the Farmer's Market in L.A. after taking g/f to Cedars/Sinai Medical Center and grooved on the repro Gilmore Station on what was once the Gilmore Dairy Farm before the Gilmores discoved oil on it. I think I could have been very happy as Earl Gilmore--LOL! Dave Folck

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
Here is what's left of that Shell station today...(actually that's more like last year based on the gas prices. Probably around 3.39 today.)

C Cragg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved