Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Steve--I think you're a bit harsh there! I've only been on this site since 2007 but I've found the originator and moderators to be more than open for people to express their opinions.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Online Cool
Let's not confuse courtesy with integrity.

It shows a lack of courtesy to call others vile names in a public forum that violate a Membership Agreement that all members promised to honor when they joined. It is the responsibility of the moderators of this site to make judgements on when the rules are broken and what actions need to be taken to try keep this online community away from the rancor of name-calling and personal attacks. Members who appreciate that rules are in place to keep things civil, expect integrity from the moderators in dealing with situations that are unacceptable even when the moderators actions will be unpopular with some and criticized by others.

The "concept of free and open speech" is fine as long as there is respect shown for other people and the rules of the forum are not broken.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I may not agree or have people certainly agree with me, but will say have been treated fairly by the people who run the site. I do think that they make it a point to treat all the same.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Steve in New Mex
As a parting matter, I don't think the people who run this site have much integrity either or at least don't appreciate the concept of free and open speech.

You don't like it, you can always find somewhere else!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is a family oriented forum with rules. Not the supreme court for free speech. Get over it, if you break the rules you get censored. Jim Potts operates this site with the utmost integrity.

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Originally Posted By: bustermonty
Jim Potts operates this site with the utmost integrity.

That might be the understatement of the year, as likely all who know him will attest to that fact.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I have no idea what you wrote that got deleted, but to say you should be able to bring firearms to swap meets to deal with people you don't like sounds excessive to me.
Sorry to see you go though, but I suppose anyone with integrity would have to bow out of a websight that they feel has no respect for others.

Last edited by bppierce; Wed Mar 07 2012 07:45 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Good luck retiring again or parting again , This is a great site with great people.I think I'll stay.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Someone needs to change User Name to GRUMPIEST OLD COLLECTOR!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mick, I'm with you on this one. My thoughts exactly.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jim's the best. Other forums I've been on have had such horrible moderation, or so many issues like malware-infected pop-ups and spambot posts that I left. I've never had issues with the moderation here.
Agreeing with Mick and with especially with bppierce. Heck, with most of you all. This is one of the best forums online!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have known Jim for many many years and he is an all around good guy. Does a great job providing this site for us to use (for FREE ) I might add. He, as well as the other moderators put up with more at times than I ever would.

This is a free country and I will echo Mick's words and say if you don't like the site or how it is run please leave. (And don't come back unless you can treat the people who run the site wirh respect)

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By: olddutchgas
I have known Jim for many many years and he is an all around good guy. Does a great job providing this site for us to use (for FREE ) I might add. He, as well as the other moderators put up with more at times than I ever would.

This is a free country and I will echo Mick's words and say if you don't like the site or how it is run please leave. (And don't come back unless you can treat the people who run the site wirh respect)

BINGO!!!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Online Cool
Thanks for the kind words about this site and me. In this case, several posts were moved out of public view not by me, but by one of our moderators. I trust the judgement of every moderator and back them up 100%. Without their help, I would be at the funny farm and this site would not be the quality place most of us want it to be.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
thank you Jim.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved