Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T-way Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hello all.

I have a customer that wants me to make him some 'ad glass' panels for a Canadian Twin pump.

I'm not sure of the actual pump designation - but it's the twin with the three 'windows' below each cylinder and the curved ad glass panels.

What I need are some photos of original ad glass panels so I can see how the lettering/prices look. Judging from the photos of his pump, there is one 'ETHYL' and one 'REGULAR' panel and 4 'price' panels per pump. Two each for the regular price and the ethyl price.

We are planning on making these with prices of 15-cents and 18-cents.

But if anyone needs some - and wants different prices - let me know now and I'll run whatever anybody needs.

Expected pricing on these will be somewhere around $25 - $30 each. I'll know more once I get into the project a bit farther.

Feel free to post your photos here, or in a PM to me - or send me an e-mail at T-ways@email.com.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Jim

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If you make these pricer attachment glass ...I'd be in for a set. 15 and 18 cents sound good. They would have to be curved perfectly? I was under the immpression that these were just price "boxes". Did they actually have the ethyl and regular glass inserts for them? The one I have with the glass in it was just clear glass.

Jim

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I was going to stay out of this but. Clearvision 700 had clear glass!!! The price is on a paper behind the glass not on the glass. Why would you ever put the price on the glass that means new price then you need a new glass does that make sense? paper behind glass you just shuffle the papers and you have a new price. As for the regular and premium glass they are fantasy lenses that were made by ted appleby I have seen a lot of these double pumps and have only seen clear glass on the origionals.

T-way Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Okay - paper makes sense. Even in a time when the price of gas probably only changed once or twice a year.

But the photos I have of the ad glass units have three openings in them. I was told the 'center' opening (which faced out to the actual sides of the cylinders) was for the Regular/Ethyl glasses and the other two per end were for the price. That was so the price could be seen from the front and back of the pump.

I don't own one of thes pumps, and have never seen one in 'real life' so I'm running blind here.

Nonetheless, I am going to be making curved ad glass panels for this pump. If you want clear lenses (for the purists), I can make some up. If you want the frosted lenses - made just like a regular globe lens - those will be available in 15- and 18-cent versions. In addition, I will be making 'REGULAR' and 'ETHYL' inserts too.

Since all these appear to be 'fantasy' pieces, I'll just choose a font that I like and be done with it.

Thanks for the help.

Later . . .

Jim

Last edited by T-way; Thu Mar 15 2012 07:47 AM. Reason: spellin' - what else!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,

I have two double Clear Visions. One has the price boxes and the other one doesn't.

As you are aware, these are not originals. I thought, I would share them with you anyways. The B/A lens are placed front and rear and the price is on the sides.

This pump was restored about 25 years ago (not by me) and the gentleman spent a lot of money getting the B/A lens custom made.

Let me know when you have made the lens, I'll be interested in some. Mine is marked 20 cents on both sides.

Clear Vision Pricer1.jpg Clear Vision Pricer2.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Jim

You have done some interesting things in a effort to help the hobby but when I read the above it sounds like you said you will run what ever any one wants for 25 -30 dollars? Does that mean that if some one wants a ba bow tie screened directly on the glass you will make three screens and print them two add glass for a pump for 60.oo. Does this also mean that you will do all other add glass like that curved or flat no more digital decals on glass? Oh in the spirit of old gas as sort of a joke I feel I must ask will they be marked/dated? ha

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Well Dave now that you have teased us with a short picture, how about the rest of the two pumps.

Craig
T-way Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ward:

Nope, these will just be curved ad glass panels with numbers/lettering on them. I will put a date code on them somewhere so there is no confusion at a later date though.

As for 'Custom' pieces - once I have a bending form, I can then make anything you might need. Of course, Custom pricing would come into effect at that point - so you wouldn't be getting them for only $30.00 a pop. LOL

But a less expensive option is also then available. At that point, I can make decals to fit the frosted glass panels (or your clear panels for that matter) - so you could get anything you wanted for the additional price fo the deacal(s).

Later . . .

Jim

Last edited by T-way; Fri Mar 16 2012 07:23 AM. Reason: Clarified a point . . .

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved